[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Everett update

dabuffbills

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

RCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Bills tight end Kevin Everett has been released from a Houston hospital to resume his next phase of rehab, 10 weeks since sustaining a severe spinal cord injury.

"While this news is a significant milestone for me, I still have a long journey to full recovery," Everett said in a statement released Sunday by Houston's Memorial Hermann/TIRR, where the player spent the past two months in rehab.

It was unclear when this week he was released, but Everett will continue his rehab at the facility as an outpatient.

"I was fortunate to meet many extraordinary people at Memorial Hermann/TIRR, many who have suffered the same or similar injury as myself, many of whom I now consider friends," Everett said. "Their courage and determination inspired me to fight every day for recovery of my ability to walk."

Everett returned to his home in Houston in time to watch the Bills (5-4) host the New England Patriots (9-0) on Sunday night.

Everett was hurt while covering a kickoff in Buffalo's season opener against Denver on Sept. 9. He has made significant progress since he was carried off the field paralyzed from the neck down, and after doctors initially feared he'd never walk again.

Besides moving his arms and legs, Everett has developed enough strength to hold himself up briefly on a walker, and has also been using his feet to push himself around in a wheelchair.

Everett spent the first two weeks recovering at a Buffalo hospital before he was transferred to Houston because doctors felt it was important for him to be close to his family and friends. The player makes his offseason home in Houston and grew up in nearby Port Arthur, Texas.

more good news....

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff November 18, 07 05:48 PM

EVERETT'S MESSAGE: NBC, which is broadcasting tonight's game, was testing video on the stadium scoreboard earlier today in which Bills TE Kevin Everett was speaking to the fans of Buffalo. Everett suffered a serious neck injury in the season opener and is currently rehabilitating in Houston. Look for Everett's message on tonight's broadcast, and if it is played inside Ralph Wilson Stadium, it is sure to fire up the home crowd.