[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rudi Johnson 08

kickers play

Will Rudi be a Bengal in 08? He has 2 years left on his current contract and will earn 3.2 million in 08. With the workhorse struggling to break runs over 10 yards and an YPC average of 2.8 isnt it time to wonder if Cincy might move in the direction of Kenny Watson, Chris Perry or even Kenny Irons? I know Perry was a 1st round pick with injury problems, Irons a second rounder in April. Seems to me Cincy has a whole lot of RB's on the roster and am curious if there's anyone who has an opinion on the backfield in 08. Irons was a 1st team all SEC RB in 05 and runs a 4.45 40 when healthy. Is there any chance Rudi isnt a Bengal when training camp rolls around? Or even better, is there a chance Rudi can get beat out by one of the many RB's in camp? Seems like the tank is running empty . Too bad Irons had the ACL injury in pre-season because the few times I saw him in action he was impressive. Wonder what he could bring at this level. My crystal ball is at the repair shop, so if anyone has any insight , type it.

No but it's time to realize his time as being "the man" and getting most of the carries is gone IMO. At best I think he should split with Watson, who is very good as a pass-catcher and at least at times has looked good running it. Not getting the Dorsey time at all.

Not what I am saying, just speculating the future of the backfield with the talent on the roster. Watson is averaging 4.5 with the same O-line, right? Just had a conversation with a friend who's a big Cincy fan who thinks Rudi's on the decline. Im just asking for opinions. I think there will be more than a couple people who agree with that

Watson may be averaging 4.5 YPC, but he doesn't wear down defenses like Rudi does. With Watson in, they have to pass too much, and they lose. Unless Rudi plays awful down the stretch, I don't think they have any choice but to hope he regains his form next season.

Don't pay him...very few are worth the money. Too many players, especially at RB position, finally get a big payday (not that they didn't earn it) and then get a career devestating injury. Just to name a recent few...Suan Alexander, Larry Johnson, Marc Bulger, I know there are more but it is 5:15am and i can only think for 15 seconds at a time.

Don't pay him...very few are worth the money. Too many players, especially at RB position, finally get a big payday (not that they didn't earn it) and then get a career devestating injury. Just to name a recent few...Suan Alexander, Larry Johnson, Marc Bulger, I know there are more but it is 5:15am and i can only think for 15 seconds at a time.

Oh yeah...and my favorite is the Super Bowl MVP being a free agent and getting a payday...Larry Brown CB dallas cowboys immediately comes to mind...o.k. my 15 seconds is up