[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pro Bowl Snubs

keggerz

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred has 2 very long runs that really inflate his YPC(76 & 80) those 2 carries aside and he is averaging 4.37ypc

You're starting to sound like the one whom shall remain nameless. Stop taking plays away from people, he made the play, he deserves the stats. That being said, he's #4 in the AFC, sorry they only invite 3.

Come on. Argue how Colston got snubbed or M. Williams or how Driver doesn't belong but nobody has a leg to stand on when they try to argue that Favre doesn't deserve to start. No legs what so ever. :D

i said that about your response because you were talking about God Brady and Favre is in the NFC....Romo should be starting....but this is a thread about SNUBS and Romo is IN :D

Romo should be starting

Based on what exactly? Having a few more TD's than Favre? He has more INT's than Brett. Who's team was expected to be better? Who's the bigger surprise this year? If we call them even on the field this year, what splits the difference... that he's dating Jessica?

I think we all know that popularity plays into it. And I think the populace on the whole would rather see Favre start. They both deserve to be there.

Of course, the populace on the whole will probably not bother to watch the game. But, whatever.

Based on what exactly? Having a few more TD's than Favre? He has more INT's than Brett. Who's team was expected to be better? Who's the bigger surprise this year? If we call them even on the field this year, what splits the difference... that he's dating Jessica?

I think we all know that popularity plays into it. And I think the populace on the whole would rather see Favre start. They both deserve to be there.

Of course, the populace on the whole will probably not bother to watch the game. But, whatever.

i guess i should have said "should possibly be starting"...seriously they are both very deserving

I dont think anyone thought that after 14 weeks those 2 teams would each only have 2 losses a piece

Does that mean that Anderson should have made it over Ben?

400+more yards 3 less TDs,3 more Ints but a bigger surprise.

No Jessica.but I did see a playboy centerfold he grew up with,and she was hotter. :D

Edited by xtra

Does that mean that Anderson should have made it over Ben?

400+more yards 3 less TDs,3 more Ints but a bigger surprise.

No Jessica.but I did see a playboy centerfold he grew up with,and she was hotter. :D

Tony does seem to get hot chicks. Which is nice, I'm sure.

As to your Ben vs Derek argument: Umm no... because my point was popularity is the difference if the stats are even enough. Pretty sure Ben is more popular than Derek.

Tony does seem to get hot chicks. Which is nice, I'm sure.

As to your Ben vs Derek argument: Umm no... because my point was popularity is the difference if the stats are even enough. Pretty sure Ben is more popular than Derek.

I was going off your argument of whose team was expected to be better and who was a bigger surprise.

But I may have misunderstood what you were saying there.Which wouldnt be the first time Ive done that with someones post. :D

I meant Anderson with the centerfold .not Romo,I forgot to throw in a name there. :D

Edited by xtra

I was going off your argument of whose team was expected to be better and who was a bigger surprise.

But I may have misunderstood what you were saying there.Which wouldnt be the first time Ive done that with someones post. :D

I meant Anderson with the centerfold .not Romo,I forgot to throw in a name there. :D

Ooohh.... Anderson's ex-girl? Didn't know that.

In Favre's case, being a surprise makes him a sentimental favorite, which only adds to his popularity. There are always surprise guys who aren't big enough names to make it to the Pro Bowl. I should have been clearer.

I disagree. Brees and Colston both did squat in the first 5 weeks of the season. That has to count for something. The guy who got screwed is Mario Williams. I didn't even realize the guy already has 13 sacks!

I didn't realize the season ended after Week Five. You can't argue with stats. Here's where Brees and Colston stand in the NFC. Their rankings are in parentheses:

Brees - 68.7% comp. (1) - 92.1 QB rating (4) - 3819 yards (3) - 25 TDs (t4)

Colston - 87 rec. (2) - 1092 yards (3) - 9 TDs (4)

No way Hasselbeck should go over Brees or Driver over Colston. Holt and Driver both have fewer yards and TDs than Colston and Hasselbeck has thrown for fewer yards than Brees.

Simply put, they both got the shaft. And BTW, agree with you about Williams.

Edited by Big F'n Dave

I didn't realize the season ended after Week Five. You can't argue with stats. Here's where Brees and Colston stand in the NFC. Their rankings are in parentheses:

Brees - 68.7% comp. (1) - 92.1 QB rating (4) - 3819 yards (3) - 25 TDs (t4)

Colston - 87 rec. (2) - 1092 yards (3) - 9 TDs (4)

No way Hasselbeck should go over Brees or Driver over Colston. Holt and Driver both have fewer yards and TDs than Colston and Hasselbeck has thrown for fewer yards than Brees.

Simply put, they both got the shaft. And BTW, agree with you about Williams.

I think Colston should have gone.

Brees ,Hasslebeck a toss up ,I could see either going.The Tds are tied ,Brees leads the yards and Hasslebeck has 5 less interceptions.

Remember the spirited thread early in the year where the poster made his case that Torry Holt would not be a top 10 receiver this year because he had "lost it?" Well, he made the Pro Bowl, the top five, and did so with a merry-go-round at QB and a ridiculous patchwork of an O-line. :D

Remember the spirited thread early in the year where the poster made his case that Torry Holt would not be a top 10 receiver this year because he had "lost it?" Well, he made the Pro Bowl, the top five, and did so with a merry-go-round at QB and a ridiculous patchwork of an O-line. :D

:Dthat thread

Yeah, that guys name was Tauntaun and he is acquainted with Menudo. I don't think I'll ever forget that thread. I wish I could.