[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Holmgren To Return according to NFL Network

bigbadwolf

Adam Schefter on NFL Network is reporting that Mike Holmgren will return for next season to coach the Seahawks.

No link at this time but there should be an announcement at the Kirkland HQ sometime this afternoon (2-3pm PST).

Hopefully hell get what he wants this year,help on the offensive line and a TE that produces.

Amen...we need a TE, RB, DT, G, and we need to re-sign Hackett, and a few others and develop Joe Newton TE on the practice squad. Plus WR Payne will be worked in the slot I think...damn...I am so excited...YEAH BABY!!!

It's too bad that the franchise-tag for a WR is so ridiculously high, because they might regret signing a guy with Hackett's injury history to a multi-year deal.

It would make more sense to tag Trufant for big $$ if they don''t sign him long term. I thought Holmgren coming back would be a bigger interest story nationwide, but then again, we are still undergoing 24 hours of darkness of winter solstice in our 3rd world country up here (i.e..North Korea/Alaska). Anyone have any Starbucks coffee?

At his press conference, Holmgren spoke about how the most important job this offseason was resigning his own guys. Obviously that means Trufant, but I really think the comment implied that if he is coming back for only one more year, he really wants the team to re-sign Hackett. Let's face it, Hackett, when healthy, is our #1. He is the only guy we have that can make plays down the field. When he is healthy, the offense is open and doesn't have to grind for every single first down like they do when he is out.

Does anybody else think that Holmgren made a horrible decision to admit that this would be his final year? You just don't see that in coaching. I am horrified of what may happen if this team starts out 2-3 or something like that. I'm worried about guys getting selfish and playing for themselves since they won't be playing for this coach anymore. I am in no way disappointed that Holmgren is coming back, I'm not that stupid, but I just really wish he would have left the door open to come back next year, even if he intended to leave. You don't tell your team you have one more year. Perhaps it will help, and the team will rally around him, but it also could open a can of worms that never should have been opened. Since Holmgren is typically so cautious and aware when speaking, he must have thought this through and came to the conclusion that it would help motivate his team. I just don't know.

It would make more sense to tag Trufant for big $$ if they don''t sign him long term. I thought Holmgren coming back would be a bigger interest story nationwide, but then again, we are still undergoing 24 hours of darkness of winter solstice in our 3rd world country up here (i.e..North Korea/Alaska). Anyone have any Starbucks coffee?

Yeah, I agree that Trufant is a better deal and that the the latitude/constant overcast skies here in the winter here can be brutal. And you guys have it worse than I do.

It sounds like the team is entertaining the thought of franchising Sean Locklear. Would he be the only right tackle franchised?? That is a lot of money for a right tackle, even if only for one year. Also, the popular thought in Seattle is that Trufant is going to give us a big hometown discount. I'm sure we will get some kind of discount, but the guy is one of the top two corners on the market, and will surely garner some serious coin. My gut says we will find a way to bring him back, but I don't think it is as imminent as most locals believe. These are largely the same people that thought Rashard Lewis was going to give us a huge hometown discount. Sometimes I just don't think some of the locals know that there is a world out there behind the cascade mountains.