[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver defense to get worse

i_am_the_swammi

No link yet, but reported on ESPN tonight.

After the licking Matt Cassel, Sammy Morris, Randy Moss and company laid on the Broncs last night, it might be time to start anyone playing Denver for the next month or so.

Probably good to target Cutler & Bronco WRs, since they will likely be in more than a few shootouts due to their defensive liabilities.

Local news just said that Boss Bailey will miss some time too with a knee injury. Will look for a source.

Their defense was already pathetic, it is going to be painful to watch them for a few weeks.

boss bailey is now out for the year.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.cham...y.2.845986.html

Champ Bailey Out 4-6 Weeks With Groin Tear

Reporting

Gary Miller

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (CBS4) ― CBS4 Sports has learned that Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey has a torn groin and will be out 4 to 6 weeks.

Bailey tore the groin in the 2nd Quarter of Monday night's game with New England.

Champ's brother Boss injured his knee in the game. He will require micro-fracture surgery and has been placed on injured reserve, meaning his season is over.

The Broncos have a bye this Sunday and return to action on Nov. 2 when they host the Dolphins.

Well, that ought to officially designate DEN as the worst D in the league.

I agree - any FF player facing DEN ought to fall into or near must-start territory if they contribute in any meaningful way to their team's O.

That would be:

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: vs. MIA

Week 10: @ CLE

Week 11: @ ATL

and if stretches to 6 weeks

Week 12: vs. OAK

Week 13: @ NYJ

No real tough offenses there, I guess Roddy White and Braylon Edwards get a slight bump. I don't think MIA or OAK can expose that weakness.

I don't think MIA or OAK can expose that weakness.

Which weakness? The piss-poor run defense or the now piss-poor pass defense?

Based on the way an average Sammy Morris (and for that matter, the rookie behind him) carved up the Denver run defense, I would guess any RB with a pulse is a must-start against Denver.

And without anyone with a clue in the seconday, and no one to cover, I would guess every QB/WR combo facing them gets a solid bump-up the weekly rankings.

Which weakness? The piss-poor run defense or the now piss-poor pass defense?

Based on the way an average Sammy Morris (and for that matter, the rookie behind him) carved up the Denver run defense, I would guess any RB with a pulse is a must-start against Denver.

And without anyone with a clue in the seconday, and no one to cover, I would guess every QB/WR combo facing them gets a solid bump-up the weekly rankings.

Champ Bailey being out is the weakness I was referring to. I don't see the OAK or MIA exposing the lack of their #1 CB with their #1 WR.

Edited by Hugh 0ne