[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lions' Dominic Raiola

Azazello1313

:D

Dominic Raiola is sick of losing and taking abuse from fans.

He has been criticized for flipping off hecklers at Ford Field during Sunday's 20-16 loss to Minnesota, which sunk the Lions to 0-13 for the first time in team history.

But asked if he regretted giving the fans the business, he said he didn't.

"I don't take one thing back," Raiola said Monday. "I'll say the same thing to a fan that I see in the street. I wish I could give my address out to some fans. I'll do that.

"But, you know, I can't. Nobody plays with fists. Everybody wants to play with metal. So I can't.

wow, big f'n man. :wacko:

Well FWIW, the dude has been taking nothing but a constant stream of abuse for being our only decent offensive lineman since shortly after he was drafted in 2001. He struggled early--but has since been an extremely consistent producer, especially in the pass game and when pulling. He can't move the Williams Wall, no, but then who can? He's great at reading defenses and QBing the offensive line. When he hurt his wrist earlier this year, he spent two weeks trying to learn to snap left-handed so he could come back quicker.

Yet, most moron Lions fans (and yes, many Lions fans are morons) have been riding him like he's the cause of all the problems for eight years. If, as Backus says in that article, it's so quiet in Ford Field that any lone heckler can be clearly heard on the field, I don't doubt Raiola heard some bad stuff. I'd be pretty PO'd, too, frankly.

. . . maybe not PO'd enough to go Michael Vick and fly the bird to my own fans, but . . .

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

. . . maybe not PO'd enough to go Michael Vick and fly the bird to my own fans, but . . .

that's pretty toolish and all, but that pales in comparison to later being totally unapologetic about it on the record, and talking about how you'd invite all your team's fans over to kick their ass if only you didn't have to worry about them showing up with a shiv. even mike vick ain't that f'n dumb.

He was a stud in college and I never heard much about him being a jerk off the field (I have a lot of friends that go to Univ. of Nebraska). I think he is just frustrated and its caused him to make poor decisions. The lack of leadership in Detroit and the fact that they are falling apart is causing proud players to lash out. It'd suck to play hard and be able to do your job well...just to get heckled because your team as a whole (coaching included) is bad. It doesn't make it ok, but it could cause regular knuckleheads to be bigger knuckleheads. Besides, if I remember right...he is from Hawaii. And everyone likes to fight in Hawaii. Its like roadhouse with palm trees.

Edited by Square