[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikes' 12th man: the refs

BeeR

This is becoming common place.. BAD calls by refs... and then the thing that TICKS me off the most.. when plays go to video review.. and the booth refs make a ridiculous call because of some bogus fine print interpretation.

I don't think there was a case of this in last night's GB-MIN game...

but what comes to mind.. are Murphy's (oak) week 1 TD catch that was ruled incomplete b/c the ball came out.. after he Caught it with two hands.. Tucked it away... landed with two feet, then landed on body.. then got up and the ball came out....

Or Murphy's 1st down catch on Sunday.. Perfect catch and toe drag caught on video.. and ruled incomplete when it went to booth... NFL is a scam

Edited by michaelman

This is becoming common place.. BAD calls by refs... and then the thing that TICKS me off the most.. when plays go to video review.. and the booth refs make a ridiculous call because of some bogus fine print interpretation.

In the NCAA, the booth reviewer makes the final call, but in the NFL, the head ref on the field makes the final call.

I don't think there was a case of this in last night's GB-MIN game...

but what comes to mind.. are Murphy's (oak) week 1 TD catch that was ruled incomplete b/c the ball came out.. after he got up....

Or Murphy's 1st down catch on Sunday.. Perfect catch and toe drag caught on video.. and ruled incomplete when it went to booth... NFL is a scam

:wacko:

In the NCAA, the booth reviewer makes the final call, but in the NFL, the head ref on the field makes the final call.

then yes... ref's are engaged in gambling...

Or maybe when they review the video... it's like that Chicken wing store commercial.. where the ref is talking to people in a BAR that want the game to go on longer...

heres a link

Edited by michaelman

I think what he was trying to get across is that Favre will fade down the stretch when you need him most. Happened last several years of his career in GB and with the Jets last season.

However, he played lights out last night.

I think that I was trying to get across that not all Vikings fans think that we are going to win the Super Bowl with no competition.

Fine, he didn't impede him.

Even granting that, how many times do you see a guy with his arm wrapped around a WRs waist NOT get called for PI?

Depends it exactly how it went down, but it's not exactly rare. Again it's about impeding the WR, at least as I understand it.

Well anyway as bp said, it's not like there weren't other things that contributed to GB's loss, just some really lame calls IMO.