[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Los Angeles NFL team

abishagenaden

The leader in the clubhouse has to be Jacksonville right? They are in a city that doesn't give them much support, and they don't have a long-term history in that city. Cinci and St. Louis are pretty big sports towns. The Vikings? Come on. People would be murdered if they tried to move the Vikings.

The leader in the clubhouse has to be Jacksonville right? They are in a city that doesn't give them much support, and they don't have a long-term history in that city. Cinci and St. Louis are pretty big sports towns. The Vikings? Come on. People would be murdered if they tried to move the Vikings.

I would agree with this except it would sort of be like the NFL admitting they were wrong when they awarded Jacksonville an expansion franchise over St. Louis in 1993 (which they were.) And again, the Rams are up for sale, and there are lease problems at the dome in STL. Man, I hope you're right.

i think rams or JAX.

"This right here qualifies as the winner of "Arrogant Pile Of Crap Post Of The Year". Who the hell are you to "deserve" anything"

Really? out of everything I said, that's what you comment on? Sorry it was 3 in the morning when I wrote it, pleasegrant me a reprieve, oh "gate keeper of all that is good to say on a message board!" geeish

anyways, you live through the fontaine's and the rams, Al and constantly being used as a negotiating pawn in every other NFL teams new stadium struggle with their cities for the past 15 years. and you'll feel it is deserved... :wacko:

taxpayer money shouldn't be used to build sports stadiums for professional teams that are privately owned.

Fixed 'er up a little bit and now I agree wholeheartedly.

Sounds like the plan is for this to be financed mainly with private capital, though, and repayment of the infrastructure improvements out of the revenue. From the article...

Majestic chief executive Ed Roski, a billionaire, has vowed to build the stadium without any public support beyond the $150 million bond measure by Industry to pay for infrastructure improvements, which the developers plan to repay through ticket sales and parking fees.

If its me, I wouldnt invest that kind of cheddar in a new stadium unless I knew 100% there was 1) going to be an NFL team moving in and 2) that there would be realistic expectations of selling a high percentage of the seats/luxury suites as season tickets. NO WAY I do that on the chance of luring a team :wacko:

Fixed 'er up a little bit and now I agree wholeheartedly.

Sounds like the plan is for this to be financed mainly with private capital, though, and repayment of the infrastructure improvements out of the revenue. From the article...

If its me, I wouldnt invest that kind of cheddar in a new stadium unless I knew 100% there was 1) going to be an NFL team moving in and 2) that there would be realistic expectations of selling a high percentage of the seats/luxury suites as season tickets. NO WAY I do that on the chance of luring a team :wacko:

It worked in St. Louis. We built the dome with no NFL team and no one really looking.

I'm glad the stadium will be privately financed. I don't like the infrastructure being publicly financed but if they're going to pay that back, then I'm okay with this.

It's way out in crappy City of Industry. I never go near there. Won't be bothered by ridiculous traffic the stadium brings.

Just don't try and take Pete Carroll away new LA team.....he's ours (USC's)

Edited by Dexter Morgan

:D

Not so much at the state level, but perhaps moreso at the city level. I've never understood why 1 city needs 2 professional sports teams from the same sport (i.e. Dodgers/Angels, Lakers/Clippers). How about we give St.Louis the Clippers in exchange for the Rams? :wacko:

Best thing ever...

Although as a Seattle resident, I'll be happy to take those Clippers off your hands. However, I get to keep my Seahawks and Mariners. Do you want the Sounders FC or are you tied to the Galaxy?

Edit: Last I heard Jacksonville is the front-runner for giving up their franchise to LA.

Edited by Medal of Honor

please let them take the raiders , im a vikings fan but live just south of the 49ers and raiders and if the raiders moved we would get an extra game to watch ( i think because the raiders are always blacked out) Im not sure if it works that way or not, you guys that live in an area that only supports one NFL team how many Sunday games do you see ? ( not counting the night game )

Seattle is an NFC team so 80% of their games are on Fox. If there is a Fox double-header (two games in a row on that station) there is never a CBS double-header (for the AFC teams). What ends up happening is one of two things.

A) We get lucky and there is a Fox double-header where we get both Fox games, and we also get a morning AFC game on CBS. Meaning we get 4 Sunday games if you include the night game on NBC.

:wacko: What usually happens is we get a game on one station in the morning, then the Seahawks game in the afternoon (so 3 games on Sunday). Usually the other game is a piece of crap game nobody wants to watch like Bills/Panthers.

"This right here qualifies as the winner of "Arrogant Pile Of Crap Post Of The Year". Who the hell are you to "deserve" anything"

Really? out of everything I said, that's what you comment on? Sorry it was 3 in the morning when I wrote it, pleasegrant me a reprieve, oh "gate keeper of all that is good to say on a message board!" geeish

anyways, you live through the fontaine's and the rams, Al and constantly being used as a negotiating pawn in every other NFL teams new stadium struggle with their cities for the past 15 years. and you'll feel it is deserved... :wacko:

How many teams have headed out of town from LA? How, following the miserable track record of support, does LA "deserve" a team? Wasn't it you that said there were so many other things to do, including something about going outside and checking your iPhone?

I'm glad the stadium will be privately financed. I don't like the infrastructure being publicly financed but if they're going to pay that back, then I'm okay with this.

It's way out in crappy City of Industry. I never go near there. Won't be bothered by ridiculous traffic the stadium brings.

Just don't try and take Pete Carroll away new LA team.....he's ours (USC's)

Do you know how many NFL coaching jobs Pete Carroll has probably turned down already?