[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.Portis

Big Ernie McCracken

Did Clinton Portis run over your dog with his car or something?

What's your beef with Portis?

a) I don't have a beef with Portis, I posted a link to an article in June that said Portis would lose touches. I went on in that thread to say that the situation with Portis, although only 28 years old, dictated a potential decline in productivity based on previos use, I used the 2,000 carry mark. This apparently was blasphemous, as the contrarian reacation was strong and frequent. I went on for days after to debate the point, in both civil and pugalistic fashions, and unfortunately as I result of my letting the debate become personal, the original thread was gunned.

:wacko: I doubt Portis reads this board, but if he does, sorry Kid Bro Sweets!

I am actually a huge fan of Portis and the Redskins, but from a fantasy football perspective, I felt the end was a lot closer than his prime and was taking into consideration all factors as I would in drafting any player. The end just seems to come quite suddenly as far as feature running backs who are blue chip fantasy players and the instances of players who just fall right off the map are numerous. I think we're watching it happen with LT right now and it just seemed Portis had some signs that he wasgoing to disappoint this year.

I am actually a huge fan of Portis and the Redskins, but from a fantasy football perspective, I felt the end was a lot closer than his prime and was taking into consideration all factors as I would in drafting any player. The end just seems to come quite suddenly as far as feature running backs who are blue chip fantasy players and the instances of players who just fall right off the map are numerous. I think we're watching it happen with LT right now and it just seemed Portis had some signs that he wasgoing to disappoint this year.

agree 100%. i was'nt about to waste a prescious 1st round draft pick (as many here argued he was worth), or even a 2nd round pick (which is all anyone will admit to since the original thread was deleted) on a back with that many miles.

The fact is Portis got old. some of us saw it coming and some did not.