[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shaun Suisham - scapegoat

electricrelish

Shaun Suisham is the guy that Jim Zorn decided to redirect all of his anger to. Yes, Suisham missed what should have been a gimme, which allowed the Saints to get back into the game. But Suisham was 18-for-21 (.857) this year. The guy they replaced him with, Graham Gano, was 13 of 16 (.813) in the UFL. Did Zorn think if the Redskins beat the Saints that everyone would change their mind about him and think maybe he is the right guy for the job?

Sure, sometimes a great kicking percentage doesn't mean squat when you miss the big ones. Suisham missed one that is his job to make, but to err is human. Zorn is taking a whole season of frustration out on the poor kicker, showing that Zorn is all too human as well.

Someone's gotta stand up for the kicker cause it's just not right. :wacko:

Edited by electricrelish

Really guys?

At this point does anyone believe that Zorn pulled the trigger and released Scott Suisham?

Zorn doesn't have the power to replace the intern that brings him his turkey sandwhich, no mayo...with mayo on it...every day....for two seasons....

Get angry at Snyder

Get angry at Cerrato

Feel sorry for Zorn

WD

Really guys?

At this point does anyone believe that Zorn pulled the trigger and released Scott Suisham?

Zorn doesn't have the power to replace the intern that brings him his turkey sandwhich, no mayo...with mayo on it...every day....for two seasons....

Get angry at Snyder

Get angry at Cerrato

Feel sorry for Zorn

WD

"It was my decision, but I didn't just go, 'Hey, I think I'll cut Shaun today.' I tried to look at all the issues involved,'' Zorn said. "I think in the end of this it's going to be the best decision for our team.''

:wacko: Maybe it's really Snyder pulling the strings.

I don't care if you are Matt Moseley. If you miss a 23 yard FG, in perfect conditions with a good hold, you get cut. Being clutch is part of a kicker's job, and missing a chippie when you're already up 7 to put the game away is the antithesis of clutch...

Even Ochocinco would make that one!

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

I don't care if you are Matt Moseley. If you miss a 23 yard FG, in perfect conditions with a good hold, you get cut. Being clutch is part of a kicker's job, and missing a chippie when you're already up 7 to put the game away is the antithesis of clutch...

Gotta agree. If it's under 30 yards, there is no excuse for an NFL kicker to miss it in perfect conditions.

Agree plus wasn't that the second time he missed a game winning or tying FG.

Scapegoat? I think not.

That FG was one (1) yard longer than an extra point. How do you miss that? He has never been any good under pressure. And while it was not a "game winning" FG, it would have put the 'Skins up by ten which is two possessions for NO with not all that much time left. Would have iced the game.

Not the first time he missed a FG under pressure.... and I am sure it won't be the last as someone will pick him up.

The second he missed it I was calling for him to be cut.... and was not happy when I saw that he was still on the sidelines up to the end of the game. Guy had to go. Should have been gone a couple years ago.

Scapegoat? .... gimmie a break.

Yeah because all the great PKs of the past have never missed a chip shot, can't believe they weren't all cut right after that.

:wacko:

Skins' mgt is even more of a joke than I thought and cutting a PK who was 18 for 21 on the year is blatantly laughable. If they had won, he isn't cut; how is it not obvious he was made the scapegoat? I could maybe see it if he was having a bad season, but not for missing ONE kick. How about cutting all the other players who screwed up?

Hey wait, that's not a bad idea...

Yeah because all the great PKs of the past have never missed a chip shot, can't believe they weren't all cut right after that.

:wacko:

Skins' mgt is even more of a joke than I thought and cutting a PK who was 18 for 21 on the year is blatantly laughable. If they had won, he isn't cut; how is it not obvious he was made the scapegoat? I could maybe see it if he was having a bad season, but not for missing ONE kick. How about cutting all the other players who screwed up?

Hey wait, that's not a bad idea...

It's not one kick. He's missed the key kicks over his two years--FGs that have led to losses. That one against the Saints, and two in a one point loss at Dallas earlier this year (one was a 30-something yarder--another chip-shot in perfect weather). If you don't make the one's with the pressure on, why do I want you kicking for me?

Accountability is a good thing. Unfortunately it doesn't always apply to everyone involved. That being said, if I had it to do over again, I would be a meterologist where it is blatantly disregarded. I received an "A" in meteorology in college (and never even attended classes) and suspect that I could do as well as some of theses yutzes who majored in it. At least lives aren't at stake in football. Rant over.

Edited by Crispy

Accountability is a good thing. Unfortunately it doesn't always apply to everyone involved. That being said, if I had it to do over again, I would be a meterologist where it is blatantly disregarded. I received an "A" in meteorology in college (and never even attended classes) and suspect that I could do as well as some of theses yutzes who majored in it. At least lives aren't at stake in football. Rant over.

I was in Florida yesterday, lying by a pool, listening to the radio. The weather report comes on and the newscaster reports the weather for the day as 'mostly cloudy'. Meanwhile it's about 80 degrees and I look up at the sky and there's not a single cloud in the sky. :wacko:

Kickers are the ultimate no-winners. If they hit it, everyone expects it because you know it's really really easy, if they miss, they're cut. You still hear idiots droning on about Scott Norwood and his wide-right kick 20 years after the fact. Jesus, people, it was FORTY SEVEN yards!

Folks, if it was supposed to be automatic, why doesn't the NFL just award three points any time a drive stalls inside the ten? Because kicking that stupid shaped lump of leather over the crossbar isn't easy, that's why not.