[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top picks next year - an early guess

BeeR

We don't give points for each catch(I think that is stupid if they can not do anything with it) we give points for every 20yards and a bonus to break 100. We weigh heavier on TDs and the distance of the TD. T jones has 11 tds and has broken 100 yards 5 times and 200 yards once......how is he so low in your league????

Jones is the 10th best rusher in our league based on our scoring which is as follows:

1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 bonus point for over 120 rushing yards, and 6 pt TD's. We also have (-2) points per fumble.

Here's how the top 10 RB's rank in our league with their season total fantasy points behind them stack up through 14 weeks.

#1 - Johnson; 317

#2 - Rice; 267

#3 - MJD; 259

#4 - Peterson; 254

#5 - Addai; 217

#6 - Jackson; 211

#7 - Gore; 205

#8 - R Williams; 199

#9 - D Williams; 197

#10 - Jones; 193

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jones is the 10th best rusher in our league based on our scoring which is as follows:

1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards rushing/receiving, 1 bonus point for over 120 rushing yards, and 6 pt TD's. We also have (-2) points per fumble.

Here's how the top 10 RB's rank in our league with their season total fantasy points behind them stack up through 14 weeks.

#1 - Johnson; 317

#2 - Rice; 267

#3 - MJD; 259

#4 - Peterson; 254

#5 - Addai; 217

#6 - Jackson; 211

#7 - Gore; 205

#8 - R Williams; 199

#9 - D Williams; 197

#10 - Jones; 193

Thats cool, all leagues score different, our league CJ has260

MJD 180

AP 169

T.Jones 158

RR 151

RW 141

FG 139

DW 123

If someone has a lot of long scores in our league it weighs a little heavier...... :wacko:

Some big things I look for when starting to handicap players for next year (when it is this freakin early) is the progression that rookies have made from this year's draft class. For RBs, that means coordinators, and o-line play/injuries.

Jax drafted two tackles very highly, and they have played well. Baltimore's o-line is dominant in the running game and the cardinals o-line has looked better as this season has progressed at run blocking.

teams that o-lines have been hit with injuries/suckitude that have not progressed worry me for next year.

I can see putting Ray Rice in top 5 based on his usage, o-line play and offensive philosophy.

If someone has a lot of long scores in our league it weighs a little heavier...... :wacko:

How the hell would someone ever be able to make an accurate preseason draft sheet based on these scoring parameters?

+1

Last year, D. Williams led the league in TD runs over 50 yards...he had 8. This year, he has 1.

+1

Last year, D. Williams led the league in TD runs over 50 yards...he had 8. This year, he has 1.

Yes, but he only has 7 total touchdowns....and D Williams did well in our league last year, which I think his owner should have!!!!! I can really mess you up and let you know that we start 2 IDPs from the defense/special team we start.......a lot to keep up with but fun!!!! :wacko:

Edited by dope man

Well in that case, I can see your point. But you have to consider that a majority of leagues out there don't go this far in depth with scoring. How the hell would someone ever be able to make an accurate preseason draft sheet based on these scoring parameters?

If you ask me, it's pretty standard in a majority of leagues to give 6 pts per TD, no bonus points for the length of the TD or anything like that. And PPR leagues aren't standard, but they're becoming more and more common each year. Maybe it was a lack of explaination on my original post when I said RR warrants consideration, but he does - especially in PPR leagues. McGahee has 9 rushing TD's and I know 7 of them came inside the redzone within the first few games of the season. If Rice didn't have that scavenger hoarding all the goal line carries he would more than likely be the top "fantasy" RB this season. With that, I'd be pretty happy to get Rice anywhere in the top 3 next season.

And for whatever it's worth, I didn't call YOU a cockhole - I said you opened your cockhole and spewed vomit. :D

Man, I am not saying that Ray Rice is trash or anything, I would love to have him on my team right now......just saying there are a few rbs that I would take ahead of him.....OK? :wacko:

#1 - Johnson; 317

#2 - Rice; 267

#3 - MJD; 259

#4 - Peterson; 254

#5 - Addai; 217

#6 - Jackson; 211

#7 - Gore; 205

#8 - R Williams; 199

#9 - D Williams; 197

#10 - Jones; 193

There is no way in hell I draft Addai in the 1st round. Total FLUKE of a season for him. 2007 season made him a top 10 pick in 2008 and look what came about.

Anyway, its more of a passing league now, so you will see more quarterbacks and Wide Outs taken in the early rounds unlike in the past years where most of the teams had a running back that had 95% of the carries......those days are over, at least till they figure out that in some cases RBBC does not work!!!! :wacko:

...and we all know this year = next year. Just like last year = this year. :wacko: Ya gotta love having owners like that in your league.

Never did I once say that's how they should be ranked next season. I was just making a point that RR warrants top tier RB consideration with CJ, and probably above AP and MJD.

and can I ask you something??? Who have the Colts played this season? Their schedule is WEAK!!

Edited by Shorttynaz

• 2 weeks later...
Do you mean he's got the most value? Right now, Charles has a nice run going for him against some of the worse rushing defenses in the league. That's good because it means he's getting what is expected against those teams. Against a better rushing D like the Broncos, he averaged 3.1 yards per carry. The numbers below are very encouraging. I'm thinking that he'll be a third to fourth round pick. I'd have to review a whole list, but he could even move up to a late second.

I'm worried that if Haley gets the passing game going, then the running game will come second with his offense design. What Charles has going for him is that he catches the ball. Not sure if Charles will have the longevity, but next season will tell us a lot. Definitely worth a keeper spot for next year and picking up.

Week 10 vs. Raiders - 18 att for 103 yds, 4 rec for 14 yards

Week 11 vs. Steelers - 15 att for 58 yds, 2 rec for 8 yards

Week 12 vs. Chargers - 14 att for 93 yds, 3 rec for 54 yds

Week 13 vs. Broncos- 18 att for 56 yds, 1 rec for 3 yds

Week 14 vs. Bills - 20 att for 143 yds, 7 rec for 38 yds

Lost track of this thread - hence no reply until now.

What I meant on Jamaal Charles is that I see him for 2010 as a fantasy team's #1 back which would put him in the top 12 RBs (for a 12 team league of course). But I also think he has a lot more potential than that even.

no question. dude is sick. not to mention it will be his 3rd year. and if you get points for return td's even better.
I wonder if Desean Jackson runs the risk of becoming like Devin Hester. First couple of years a stud especially when it comes to returning the ball. But then teams adjust to him or he becomes more of a featured WR and the team can't risk him getting injured returning a ball.

Not even close. Hester never showed the ability to be a true go-to WR. Jackson did, and did it quickly.

Charles is hard to judge. I wouldn't want him as my #1 though.

Don't think I'd draft him as my #1 either, but I just have this feeling he'll end up with those kinds of numbers.

You do realize that AP has 14 Td's through 13 games this year, and he only had 10 Td's last year in 16 games?

will Tavaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels be the QB for them next year if Favre finally....retires? :wacko:

Edited by Avernus