[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Santonio Holmes vs. Packers

Chadman

Any of you Packer-backers heard anything specific regarding defensive game plan against the Steeler receivers? Assuming Ward plays, will Woodson cover Holmes for the most part, or will they play it straight up?

Edited by Chadman

This matters even more now, since I choked on the Arian decision in the early game. Trying to decide between Holmes, Shiancoe and Housh in a scoring heavy league. I like Shiancoe scoring tonight with all the Vikes receiver issues, but Holmes certainly could if Woodson was shadowing Ward some of the time. Guessing he'll be on Holmes in critical situations, though.

FWI . . last game the Packers played, Woodson was beaten for 2 TDs against the Bears. He makes some huge plays, but also can give up big plays.

SO i guess it doesnt matter what the game plan is. the Steelers are pretty well-versed on the 3-4, so they shouldnt be confused by the blitz. I see more Mendenhall today than passes by Big Ben.

FWI . . last game the Packers played, Woodson was beaten for 2 TDs against the Bears. He makes some huge plays, but also can give up big plays.

SO i guess it doesnt matter what the game plan is. the Steelers are pretty well-versed on the 3-4, so they shouldnt be confused by the blitz. I see more Mendenhall today than passes by Big Ben.

I dont see more mendenhall ...simply because Steelers are not a running team

last few weeks they had prime opponents to run all over ( including Browns last week ) but really did not ...actually against Oakland they passed a whole lot more than i think anybody expected them too ...i see a shoot out today and i suspect mendenhall will put up avg stats at best

Just my 2 cents

Hey, thanks for your thoughts, guys. I'm just going to stick with Holmes and hope it is a shoot out. I have to think since the Steelers are out of it at this point, they'll be a little more free wheeling than usual. Holmes has been very solid the past few weeks, and if after my other decisions today I decided to bench a solid playmaker for Housh or hoping for a TE touchdown, I could turn in my FF card.

Go Holmes!

last few weeks they had prime opponents to run all over ( including Browns last week ) but really did not ...actually against Oakland they passed a whole lot more than i think anybody expected them too ...i see a shoot out today and i suspect mendenhall will put up avg stats at best

Just my 2 cents

+1

The Packers have proven they can stop the run against the best teams in the NFL and that Pitt line is more then suspect. My feeling is the Pack will be able to get to Big Ben enough early to make it a blow out but enough garbage stats to make the score a bit closer by the end of the game.

While taking off my Viking horns for a bit, I continue to be impressed with how strong the Pack defense is AFTER the loss of Campman and Harris. Good D-coordinator you got there, for sure.

There is a reason why the defense got better with Kampman out... He sucks as a 3-4 OLB. He's not athletic enough and is horrible when they do drop him into coverage. Jones is much faster, athletic, and has been playing LB way longer then Kamp. That being said, Kamp is a beast in his real position, a 4-3 end. I have to think he's played his last game as a packer.

Al Harris on the other hand... Tramon Williams was destroyed against Baltimore, but instead of the wr's catch it on him, he'd just tackle them and get a PI. That corner spot is a very big hole. He looked a lot better last week, and hopfully that trend continues.

Just my 2 cents

I look at it from the opposite side . . . the Steelers are playing for nothing but pride, and if they get down early, I can see them not risking Big Ben getting blindsided into another concussion and relying on the run game.

I think that the reliance on the pass lately reverses . .cause it sure hasnt been working. I expect a lot of short passes and screens against a very aggressive Packers defense.

PS- I didnt say Mendenhall was a good FANTASY play . . just that he will get a lot of carries . . . :wacko:

To me it was them getting Bigbi back and healthy and then that D just clicked.

Still they Pay Chillar... a back up......... While still not paying Nick Collins going into an uncapped year.........................TT is a tard.

Chillar will be starting next year . . and there is a lot of time left to lock up Collins . . .