[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick back at practice

theeohiostate

Donning a helmet, Michael Vick returned for the start of Friday's practice.

We'll see how much work Vick is able to do, but he's already soft-tossing to receivers along with Kevin Kolb and Mike Kafka. Kolb took the first reps with the starting offense, a strong indication that Vick would be limited to a reserve role if he manages to play this week.

Looks like he probably will be active and should be greenlight for next week.

I would assume he will run some wildcat if they bother to dress him. As a Vick owner, I would rather them rest him until he is ready to start and play a full game.

I am starting to get a little bit worried about Andy Reid playing QB roulette going forward instead of committing to Vick as his full time starter.

I would assume he will run some wildcat if they bother to dress him. As a Vick owner, I would rather them rest him until he is ready to start and play a full game.

I am starting to get a little bit worried about Andy Reid playing QB roulette going forward instead of committing to Vick as his full time starter.

From a fantasy view point I hear you but from a coach trying to win games and making it harder for other teams to prepare for you it would make sense

I agree it is smart to keep the opponent in the dark until game time, but I think it is obvious watching the two QBs play that Vick gives the Eagles a much better chance to win. Reid knows more about football (and donuts) than I do though.

Come on - he's not even really throwing and it's Friday. There's no way he's playing this week. They just got him back on the field as part of the natural progression of getting him back in the next week or two. PHI would be idiots if they put him back in (especially in wildcat formations, where he's pretty much guaranteed to get hit) right now.

PS - Vick doesn't have the same injury as McCoy

I agree it is smart to keep the opponent in the dark until game time, but I think it is obvious watching the two QBs play that Vick gives the Eagles a much better chance to win. Reid knows more about football (and donuts) than I do though.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see both on the field at the same time several times going forward

This would be limited of course when playing at home and depending upon playoff chances as the year goes on

Vick brings an element that no other QB brings, hence his choice to start him over Kolb. Kolb honestly doesn't bring anything new or special to the team. Vick and the locker room and I think the fans at this point, hence Reid's position to reassure that Vick will be the starter.

No if Kolb can up his game and hit their best big play player, then there might be some concern but even then, I just see them looking at winning this season.

IMO, Vick's coming back after the BYE. I have Vick and am not planning on seeing him as a starter until then.

Why would they risk further injuries if Kolb can hold the fort down for two more games? They get to rest Vick and get to take a good look at Kolb and see what they have in him. It's a win-win.

Having Vick at practice keeps him sharp, though and mentally in the game. And if Kolb gets hit again, you can try and lean on a banged-up Vick.

You have a player that has work EXTREMELY hard to get back in football shape and regain his legs. Sitting him out only damages that progress. I see them getting him back on the field as soon as possible. Right now, they have one of best offensive weapons in the NFL right now (not fantasy wise but actually player).

IMO, Vick's coming back after the BYE. I have Vick and am not planning on seeing him as a starter until then.

I own Vick in two leagues, and this is what I've been thinking, too. We're not going to see him on the field again until after the Bye.