[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR: Dallas Clark Done For The Year

Menudo

Tamme is Clark's back-up. Eldridge is the Colts "blocking" TE, although they raved about his hands in training camp. However, I see him staying in his current role. The fact they signed Robinson shows something is up. Robinson would be a back-up for Eldridge. Santi is on IR. Collie would stand to benefit the most, with more 3 WR sets. Gonzalez should be back after the bye.

I've seen Tamme play alot and he is more than capable of replacing Clark. He is a great pass catching TE and is probably worth a look even for non-Clark owners.

Maybe I'm crazy but Dallas Clark doesn't strike me as the kind of player that can be replaced easily. I seriously doubt that Tamme is more than capable of doing so - if he was, why hasn't he seen a single ball all season? Clark is a ridiculously good receiving TE . . .

Maybe I'm crazy but Dallas Clark doesn't strike me as the kind of player that can be replaced easily. I seriously doubt that Tamme is more than capable of doing so - if he was, why hasn't he seen a single ball all season? Clark is a ridiculously good receiving TE . . .

Regardless of how special a player Clark may be, two things make Tamme worth adding. First, Clark's absence creates and opportunity. And second, just because Tamme hasn't been involved to this point doesn't mean he isn't capable. Even getting 60% of what Clark got is better than a lot of other TE options. He's definitely worth a flier and even has a bye week to get some reps with the first string offense. The biggest questions here are where do those targets go and how much do the Colts alter their playcalling or personnel toreplace Clark's routes with a non-TE?

wasting time adding a TE unless it is to replace Dallas Clark...

... more spread offense with Garcon and Collie on field at same time.

Addai could get less carries but more catches since Manning will need blocking back or check down back in the backfield. This could actually open up some good possibilites for screens to Addai, play action when you have TE sets out there, and probably will result in more passing attempts from Manning. Donald Brown could also be used more with 2 back sets (one back for blocking and one to run route or be check down).

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Well Tamme is second all-time in the SEC with receptions and yards so he obviously has talent. He actually is very similar to Clark and with Manning throwing it to him I see him doing very well.

I see a wishful Tamme owner. :wacko: He's nowhere near Clark's league but he could be a viable pickup for the TE starved simply due to the offense around him.

Regardless of how special a player Clark may be, two things make Tamme worth adding. First, Clark's absence creates and opportunity. And second, just because Tamme hasn't been involved to this point doesn't mean he isn't capable. Even getting 60% of what Clark got is better than a lot of other TE options. He's definitely worth a flier and even has a bye week to get some reps with the first string offense. The biggest questions here are where do those targets go and how much do the Colts alter their playcalling or personnel toreplace Clark's routes with a non-TE?

I don't know - maybe you're right. I just think that if this kid had the ability you think he does (I plead ignorance on that) he'd have gotten some looks by now, if only to give Clark a blow here and there. I know he's been on the field because I've seen him out there - I've just never seen Manning throw the ball to him. Maybe I'm proven 100% wrong (hopefully Tamme succeeds - that'd make his career) but that says something to me.

Now, with the prospect of Collie being out for a while too, I think Tamme definitely becomes worthy of an add.