[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers to start RB Mike Goodson

JUMbotron

i picked him up this week..(dropped jacoby jones gave up on him)...as more of a defensive play..the guy im playing is starting forsett and i think goodson is a much better play than him...and also if he does have a good week.sell him high on a guy hurtin for a rb

i am hoping he will have a decent week, but even if he does, not sure you will be able to 'sell him high'....this could be a one week play...If Deangelo or Stewart is back next week, Goodson is back on the bench....

I am starting him in place of Felix Jones too. He's actually been on my bench for a long time just trying to plug someone in his place. Most of time its been Tolbert, but he's on a bye...

You all talked me into picking him up in the one league I need help. He can't be any worse than Felix Jones this week, who I woulda started in his stead

In a PPR league yes. HE not going to do much running BUT passing backs do better. Look at Snelling VS Turner last week.He a start for the desperate BUT he could do ok.

He's getting another start with Stewart listed as DOUBTFUL.

Does this guy stand a chance against the RAVENS with Brian St. Pierre behind center?

Could this be the reincarnation of Fred Lane??? :wacko:

Lane brought home a trophy for more than a few FF players! :tup:

PICK HIM UP NOW!!! START HIM EVERY WEEK FOR A FF CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :tup:

Hes a starter and worth something but hes a starter on the worst offesne in the NFL. no OL at all. No QB. Teams put 9 in the box . Up against a top run D this week and nexxt week ( CLE) . and most likley Stewart will be back next week and Goodsen will go to the 3rd down role.This is probally his last week as the sole back. I cant imagine starting him any time soon. BUT I will add this . if by all miracles he actually has a good game ( runs for 100 or 2 tds) he could make them play him alot more but I just cant see him doing squat.. You would have to be Barry Sander to even get 4 ypc on that team. (deangelo williams couldnt run behin d that line against good defenses) Hes on the waiver wire in my league and I am not toiuching him.. He has a big week he would be the #1 pickup in my league ofcourse.

Edited by damageinc

The Ravens run D isn't what it used to be. It's still a top 10 run D, but it also gives up 100 ypg rushing = that's a long ways from their dominant 60 and 70 ypg teams of past years.

Goodson is also the only back in CAR - not DWill or Stewart - to put up a 100 yd rushing game this year.

This isn't to say Goodson is the next uber-stud RB and that he's going to go off this week. It does mean that for some reason some people feel a urgent need to diminish him - I'm guessing most are DWill or Stewart owners or fans - when he's shown every time he's gotten an opportunity that he's very capable of performing at a starting level in the NFL.

Given that he also catches well out of the backfield, he makes for a decent RB2 for teams hurting at RB and he's a decent flex play in flex leagues that start more than 4 RB/WR

Edited by Bronco Billy

Good game for Goodsen. The last 2 plays with 45 seconds the Ravens let him run 2 plays for 25 yards to end the game ( he ran for 98 yards before that) but he still ran for 5 ypc and got a few passes.. . still the Panthers will never get near the endzone and STewart is coming back soon enough but for today he gave ya good numbers. If stewart is not back next week he might be a decent flex or RB2 play but otherwise this could have been his last decent game.

Could this be the reincarnation of Fred Lane??? :wacko:

Lane brought home a trophy for more than a few FF players! :tup:

PICK HIM UP NOW!!! START HIM EVERY WEEK FOR A FF CHAMPIONSHIP!!! :tup:

Fred Lane?