[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jason La Canfora - Pierre Thomas Out Even Longer?

historymike

Is this a good source?

Jason La Canfora has been at the sports jorunalism biz for something like 15 years. He is reputable, and while I wouldn't bet my house on anything he says, he is good enough to work for the NFL Network. Somebody close to the Saints had to feed him this tidbit.

Jason La Canfora has been at the sports jorunalism biz for something like 15 years. He is reputable, and while I wouldn't bet my house on anything he says, he is good enough to work for the NFL Network. Somebody close to the Saints had to feed him this tidbit.

He's just speculating... We know PT won't play this week & then it's a short week before the Dallas game on Thanksgiving so it's a decent bet he may not be ready for that game either.

I would consider dropping PT and picking up someone off the WW, but the options are so horrid that it is better to have a hope of PT returning than to waste a slot on dreck like Mike Sellers and Rashad Jennings. Toby Gearhart is the only RB available in my RB-hogging big money league who I think even has a remote shot at producing points in a pinch, and even with Gearhart I would need almost the entirety of my bench to get hurt.

Was talking to a buddy of mine who works for the Saints a few days ago about PT. He saw PT in the locker room last week with the boot on and asked him when he thought he was going to be back. PT didn't have a firm answer but said he was going to try and run/cut on it this week. My buddies estimated he's probably 3 more weeks away from game action, which would mean he'd miss Seattle and Dallas. He's not a doctor so obviously that's just his opinion/guess.

I'm probably in the same boat as most PT owners in that I've held onto him for this long and just can't pull the trigger to drop him (especially with not much out there on our WW).

Was talking to a buddy of mine who works for the Saints a few days ago about PT. He saw PT in the locker room last week with the boot on and asked him when he thought he was going to be back. PT didn't have a firm answer but said he was going to try and run/cut on it this week. My buddies estimated he's probably 3 more weeks away from game action, which would mean he'd miss Seattle and Dallas. He's not a doctor so obviously that's just his opinion/guess.

I'm probably in the same boat as most PT owners in that I've held onto him for this long and just can't pull the trigger to drop him (especially with not much out there on our WW).

I dropped him today for Jerome Harrison to handcuff McCoy....and I don't do the handcuff thing....

I just wanted to make a move with the transaction deadline coming up...

I dropped him today for Jerome Harrison to handcuff McCoy....and I don't do the handcuff thing....

I just wanted to make a move with the transaction deadline coming up...

that's the hard part of deciding ,, we have two more weeks of waivers then it's over

Screw it - I just dumped PT when I saw Keiland Williams was now available. I am in a PPR league, and Williams has had a bit of value catching passes out of the backfield even with the RRBC. The longer Torain and Portis are out, the better the value of Williams. I also think that even if/when PT comes back, he will be an 8-10 touch player for a few weeks. The Saints would likely rather have him for the playoffs and Weeks 16-17 than risk reinjuring PT this early.

Either way, I feel a sense of cathartic relief getting the dead weight off my roster. Now I am only carrying one unproductive slug, Ryan Mathews.

:wacko:

Screw it - I just dumped PT when I saw Keiland Williams was now available. I am in a PPR league, and Williams has had a bit of value catching passes out of the backfield even with the RRBC. The longer Torain and Portis are out, the better the value of Williams. I also think that even if/when PT comes back, he will be an 8-10 touch player for a few weeks. The Saints would likely rather have him for the playoffs and Weeks 16-17 than risk reinjuring PT this early.

Either way, I feel a sense of cathartic relief getting the dead weight off my roster. Now I am only carrying one unproductive slug, Ryan Mathews.

:tup:

I would of done the same ,,, unless you already have a playoff spot locked up you have to roster players to get you there.

Then worry about who your starting line up is going to be.

It makes no sence to roster players that will help you in the playoffs if you don't make the playoffs :wacko: