[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers -10 vs the Bears this week?

rocknrobn26

What is the real difference to him if he goes 5-1 or 6-0 in the division? Will Moses Moreno present him with some award in the off season?

A 6-0 division record and $1.25 will get you a Snickers ice cream bar.

I don't think these teams have many wrinkles to hide from each other...

Lovie - "OK, we're not going to play any cover 2 this week, and then SHOCK the Packers when we roll it out in the playoffs!"

That is meaningless. No way he or they play hard for 4 qrts.

:tup:

It's pretty obvious to me that the Bears are going to get crushed whether they play hard for 4 full quarters or rest their starters. I don't think anyone here believes the Bears a for real. I think they are more of a product of the good teams doing poorly than they are being a good team themselves.

Now that I've stirred the pot and juiced up the Packers/Bears rivalry rehtoric you may now discuss it further. :rofl:

BTW: I don't think Lovie risks his job by playing the starters - cause the Bears certainly ain't going to survive the first round of the playoffs anyways so I'm sure he's not even worried about getting to the SuperBowl.

Remind me not to ask you for advice... :wacko: ....On second thought give me all you got so I can play and win against it. :rofl: BTW...we survived the first round! :lol:

The Pack played very well today, as did the Bears and this is why I think Lovie played it balls out...He didn't want to see GB in the playoffs. So much for that. No one was hurt, we have a week to rest. Go Bears.

If no one replies to this I understand.

:tup:

Remind me not to ask you for advice... :wacko: ....On second thought give me all you got so I can play and win against it. :rofl: BTW...we survived the first round! :rofl:

The Pack played very well today, as did the Bears and this is why I think Lovie played it balls out...He didn't want to see GB in the playoffs. So much for that. No one was hurt, we have a week to rest. Go Bears.

If no one replies to this I understand.

so he played balls out and then LOSES to a team he didn't want to get into the playoffs...what does that do for the psyche of the Bears :lol:

If the Packers can win on the road in Philly, and then on the road in Atlanta, and then on the road either in Chicago or New Orleans....

I'll admit I didn't watch the game today besides a few series here and there...if the CHI offense was this bad in two weeks, I'd be surprised.

so he played balls out and then LOSES to a team he didn't want to get into the playoffs...what does that do for the psyche of the Bears :wacko:

Well it shows them they can pretty much keep Rodgers in check for 4 quarters in GB and if they meet again it will be in there house that's gotta be a little bit of a plus.... Now if they could find some offense to go with it :tup:

Outside of the big plays to Jennings and Nelson, the Bears kept GB in check.

GB dominated the CHI offense for all of the game outside of the last drive when they INT'd to end the game.

As for the Bears being down after losing this one, yes, it is a loss. BUT, they kept a very high-potent Offensive team in check for the game. So, I don't believe they lose much as for psyche.

If GB survives the next two weeks and meets CHI it could be another hard fought game.

CHI really needs to find some WR's that can play more consistently.

On a side note...

Why didn't GB play Starks more? It seemed like he had more burst than Jackson.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

so he played balls out and then LOSES to a team he didn't want to get into the playoffs...what does that do for the psyche of the Bears :wacko:

Maybe nothing, maybe something.

The point of the post was "What will Lovie do?" NOT the results. I hit it spot on!

Well, I was way wrong. Lovie has bigger nuts than I could ever hope to have. There's no way I could make the decision to take unnecessary risks for such a meaningless short term gain while having the potential for those risks to damage my team's chances for a much higher and long term reward.

Either way, there are going to be OCs this week who are going to be scratching their heads and trying to find some way to put 20 pts on the board against either of those teams. There was some O execution lacking at times, but those Ds were downright ferocious.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Well, I was way wrong. Lovie has bigger nuts than I could ever hope to have. There's no way I could make the decision to take unnecessary risks for such a meaningless short term gain while having the potential for those risks to damage my team's chances for a much higher and long term reward.

Either way, there are going to be OCs this week who are going to be scratching their heads and trying to find some way to put 20 pts on the board against either of those teams. There was some O execution lacking at times, but those Ds were downright ferocious.

IMO, Lovie was most interested in getting the Pack out of the playoffs more than anything else because he understands how dangerous that team is. The ancient rivalry and avoiding the psychological effects of a five TD thrashing were important for keeping starters in but, again IMO, Lovie really wanted to see the back of a very good football team for this year.

IMO, Lovie was most interested in getting the Pack out of the playoffs more than anything else because he understands how dangerous that team is.

Really, have you ever seen a year where you look at the two 6 seeds and go "yeah, those guys could win it all."