[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

San Diego WR situation

Crazysight

James Jones run after the catch ability would be on full display in San Diego. I like him there.

as long as he catches the ball...he sure let a TD go in the Super Bowl ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ames-Jones-drop

he dropped passes all through the playoffs and regular season. he really needs to work on that. jones, if you go to SD, do not ask Crayton for any help.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

as long as he catches the ball...he sure let a TD go in the Super Bowl ...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...ames-Jones-drop

he dropped passes all through the playoffs and regular season. he really needs to work on that. jones, if you go to SD, do not ask Crayton for any help.

Player Tm Drops Targets Drop%

Aaron Hernandez NE 7 64 10.90%

Brandon Tate NE 5 46 10.90%

Steve Smith Car 8 75 10.70%

Wes Welker NE 13 123 10.60%

Bo Scaife Ten 5 49 10.20%

Brent Celek Phi 8 79 10.10%

Devin Hester Chi 7 73 9.60%

Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 8 85 9.40%

Jacoby Ford Oak 5 54 9.30%

Brandon LaFell Car 7 76 9.20%

Brandon Gibson StL 8 91 8.80%

Kevin Boss NYG 6 70 8.60%

Miles Austin Dal 10 119 8.40%

Donald Driver GB 7 86 8.10%

Steve Breaston Ari 7 87 8.00%

Randy Moss Ten 5 63 7.90%

Terrell Owens Cin 11 139 7.90%

Pierre Garcon Ind 9 117 7.70%

Brandon Marshall Mia 11 146 7.50%

Owen Daniels Hou 5 68 7.40%

Brandon Pettigrew Det 8 110 7.30%

Michael Crabtree SF 7 101 6.90%

Dustin Keller NYJ 7 101 6.90%

James Jones GB 6 87 6.90%

Reggie Wayne Ind 12 175 6.90%

Danny Amendola StL 8 123 6.50%

Chad Ochocinco Cin 8 124 6.50%

Hines Ward Pit 6 93 6.50%

Tony Gonzalez Atl 7 109 6.40%

Mike Williams TB 7 110 6.40%

DeSean Jackson Phi 6 95 6.30%

Johnny Knox Chi 6 97 6.20%

Jermaine Gresham Cin 5 81 6.20%

Mike Wallace Pit 6 98 6.10%

Steve Johnson Buf 8 142 5.60%

Zach Miller Oak 5 92 5.40%

Jeremy Maclin Phi 6 113 5.30%

Santonio Holmes NYJ 5 95 5.30%

Andre Johnson Hou 7 136 5.10%

Hakeem Nicks NYG 6 128 4.70%

Marques Colston NO 6 130 4.60%

Dwayne Bowe KC 6 131 4.60%

Calvin Johnson Det 6 137 4.40%

Santana Moss Was 6 145 4.10%

Roddy White Atl 6 177 3.40%

Player Tm Drops Targets Drop%

Aaron Hernandez NE 7 64 10.90%

Brandon Tate NE 5 46 10.90%

Steve Smith Car 8 75 10.70%

Wes Welker NE 13 123 10.60%

Bo Scaife Ten 5 49 10.20%

Brent Celek Phi 8 79 10.10%

Devin Hester Chi 7 73 9.60%

Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 8 85 9.40%

Jacoby Ford Oak 5 54 9.30%

Brandon LaFell Car 7 76 9.20%

Brandon Gibson StL 8 91 8.80%

Kevin Boss NYG 6 70 8.60%

Miles Austin Dal 10 119 8.40%

Donald Driver GB 7 86 8.10%

Steve Breaston Ari 7 87 8.00%

Randy Moss Ten 5 63 7.90%

Terrell Owens Cin 11 139 7.90%

Pierre Garcon Ind 9 117 7.70%

Brandon Marshall Mia 11 146 7.50%

Owen Daniels Hou 5 68 7.40%

Brandon Pettigrew Det 8 110 7.30%

Michael Crabtree SF 7 101 6.90%

Dustin Keller NYJ 7 101 6.90%

James Jones GB 6 87 6.90%

Reggie Wayne Ind 12 175 6.90%

Danny Amendola StL 8 123 6.50%

Chad Ochocinco Cin 8 124 6.50%

Hines Ward Pit 6 93 6.50%

Tony Gonzalez Atl 7 109 6.40%

Mike Williams TB 7 110 6.40%

DeSean Jackson Phi 6 95 6.30%

Johnny Knox Chi 6 97 6.20%

Jermaine Gresham Cin 5 81 6.20%

Mike Wallace Pit 6 98 6.10%

Steve Johnson Buf 8 142 5.60%

Zach Miller Oak 5 92 5.40%

Jeremy Maclin Phi 6 113 5.30%

Santonio Holmes NYJ 5 95 5.30%

Andre Johnson Hou 7 136 5.10%

Hakeem Nicks NYG 6 128 4.70%

Marques Colston NO 6 130 4.60%

Dwayne Bowe KC 6 131 4.60%

Calvin Johnson Det 6 137 4.40%

Santana Moss Was 6 145 4.10%

Roddy White Atl 6 177 3.40%

The timing of the drops were more glaring for Jones, as several of his drops were going to be certain TDs if he caught it.

The timing of the drops were more glaring for Jones, as several of his drops were going to be certain TDs if he caught it.

Hence the misperception. I don't think anyone would accuse Reggie Wayne of the dropsies, but Jones & Wayne drop the exact same ratio of passes thrown their way. What impresses me about Jones is how easily he seems to get himself open, and also that for every dropped pass he seems to make an incredibly athletic catch that should by all rights be an incompletion.

I think with the addition of Cobb that GB won't get involved in a bidding war for Jones but rather let him go, and I'll be sorry to see it happen. I can't help but think that if he gets more targets that he'll be more consistent.

how many teams throw more than the Patriots?....more throws = more drops :wacko:

I thought making the stat a % made it all relative? but you're right, for total number of drops. I am only speaking of the %, which is relative. :tup:

On another note Avernus, you and I are gonna have a good year of shit talking this year, I think my Cowboys are gonna upset some good teams this year, including your Eagles :lol:

I thought making the stat a % made it all relative? but you're right, for total number of drops. I am only speaking of the %, which is relative. :tup:

On another note Avernus, you and I are gonna have a good year of shit talking this year, I think my Cowboys are gonna upset some good teams this year, including your Eagles :lol:

well, it only takes 5 more throws and one more drop to affect your % and those can add up....

yeah, I'll be upset that I only have to watch the first half of the game when the Eagles are up 27-3 and then end up chit-chatting with others from halftime through the rest of the game to keep my interest piqued because there is never another game on at the same time on an alternate channel.......

OR MAYBE I CAN WATCH THE REDZONE!?....:wacko:

well, it only takes 5 more throws and one more drop to affect your % and those can add up....

yeah, I'll be upset that I only have to watch the first half of the game when the Eagles are up 27-3 and then end up chit-chatting with others from halftime through the rest of the game to keep my interest piqued because there is never another game on at the same time on an alternate channel.......

OR MAYBE I CAN WATCH THE REDZONE!?....:wacko:

sounds like week 8 might hurt when the Eagles are upset at home :tup:

sounds like week 8 might hurt when the Eagles are upset at home :tup:

I don't count the weeks..I just see W's...

just wait until the labor talks are over and then teams can trade/make FA moves....you'll be wishing you were an Eagles fan :wacko::lol:

I don't count the weeks..I just see W's...

just wait until the labor talks are over and then teams can trade/make FA moves....you'll be wishing you were an Eagles fan :wacko::lol:

If the Eagles get Nnamdi I will definately be jealous. :tup: I do get the sense that the Eagles think this is their year and may make a big splash in the FA market.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

If the Eagles get Nnamdi I will definately be jealous. :lol: I do get the sense that the Eagles think this is their year and may make a big splash in the FA market.

I'm not sure the Eagles will outbid the Lions for him as he will go to whoever pays him more and probably does not care about a championship (not that the Lions aren't making progress, the Eagles can win a Superbowl this year - unlike the Lions who are still a few years away from a run :tup: )

I'm hearing that Seattle and Arizona are in a bidding war for Kolb and don't want the other team to acquire him and I'm hearing that the Eagles could get Domonique Rodgers-Cromartie and maybe a 3rd for Kolb or they can get a 1st and a 3rd from AZ.....on top of Vick and DeSean lobbying for Plaxico....

but time will tell, let's get this labor crap worked out and then I can go back to my Cowboy hating :wacko:

Edited by Avernus

My biggest concern is Gates. I don't think he is injury "prone", but he has had a lot of foot problems over the last few years..His health will be key to whatever happens.

Not sure what will happen with VJ and clearly he is needed. With him and Gates on the field at the same time, I could play slot and catch some balls.

That said, I was actually pretty impressed with the chemistry that Crayton and Rivers had. Rivers looked for him a lot and he made some clutch grabs, seemed to get open and I don't remember any blaring drops. His last play when he dislocated his wrist was a TD catch, holding onto the ball despite the horrible painful injury. I think he is serviceable as a slot in this offense.

Tutu is the guy an Legadu is buh-bye.

I agree with the opinion that SS has been the victim of bad QBs and getting brutalized as the only WR on the field to cover. Even then he would catch his share. With RIvers throwing to him, I could see 2-3 years of quality productivity if they can get him.

Dream as I may, could you imagine VJ, Floyd at WR, SS in the slot and Gates at TE. Throw Crayton in for the four wide sets and this is an exciting year.

Like I said, dream as I may.

Gates health is the biggest key to the mix.

Rivers is good enough to move the offense with just about whoever they toss out there. Just look at last year, Only the Pats had a higher PPG than the Chargers.

Edited by McBoog

My biggest concern is Gates. I don't think he is injury "prone", but he has had a lot of foot problems over the last few years..His health will be key to whatever happens.

Gates is a real warrior, IMO, but he's taken a lot of punishment given his role in the SD O. I'm wondering if the workload and his willingness to play so hurt isn't shortening his career and catching up with him now that he's over 30.

Gates is a real warrior, IMO, but he's taken a lot of punishment given his role in the SD O. I'm wondering if the workload and his willingness to play so hurt isn't shortening his career and catching up with him now that he's over 30.

Yup. My fear exactly. And yes, he is a warrior.