[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DirecTV Sunday Ticket coming to PS3

montster

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ga...sunday-ticket/1

Talk about a huge score for the PlayStation 3.

Sony has announced a deal with satellite TV provider DirecTV to bring the subscription service NFL Sunday Ticket to PS3 consoles.

The package includes access to up to 14 out-of-market football games every Sunday -- all in full HD -- and DirecTV's Red Zone Channel.

Sunday Ticket will cost DirecTV subscribers an extra $50, while the cost for non-subscribers is $339.95.

The NFL deal sets up PS3 as a significant sports hub. Sony offers similar services for pro baseball and hockey in the form of MLB.TV and the NHL GameCenter.

While awesome, $400 :wow:

The story says it would be $340 for non-subscribers. I agree that's steep, but it's not $400. In the five years I've had Sunday Ticket, I don't think I've ever paid full price for it. Doesn't sound like that would be the case with the Ticket on the PS3.

Its $250 for a PS3 and then $349 for the package so your looking at $600 for the first year if you don't own a PS3. If you don't own a PS3 I would wait. I have a feeling that they are testing the water here and it will be made availablle on cheaper units next year. Apple is said to be a possible buyer of Sony that could get this on the Apple TV which is only $99.