[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

week 9 wagering thread

kevinkris

wow...remind me not to check this thread next week before making bets... :tup:

:wacko:

Tally, kevinKris, mustofbeendrunk,whomper and myself all look like winners for the week to me. Nice job guys.

Tonight is the battle of teams I don't trust. I can envision Forte blasting the Eagles for 4 quarters, keeping Vick & Co. off the field, controlling the clock and grinding out a cover.

Then again Mike Martz would need to cooperate with such a scenario and that seems unlikely.

My gut feeling is that the Eagles are starting to solve their problems, and are headed in the right direction. But then again, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they flop tonight. Overall I was horrible against the number in the NFL this week, so I am inclined to "fade myself" and go against my initial instint of Philly -8. I guess that line is creeping up as we speak and as much as I'd hate to do it I would almost have to take 9 points if it gets there, because it seems the Eagles are probably overpriced here, as if they weren't already at 8.

:wacko:

Tally, kevinKris, mustofbeendrunk,whomper and myself all look like winners for the week to me. Nice job guys.

Yep I'm hot right now , I went undefeated this week

First time all year I won every wager I made

A big 1-0 :tup:

And I'm not touching tonight's game unless I play the over / under

I love SF at -3 1/2

Anytime I see a team favored by 3 1/2 I almost always jump on them, it a way Vegas gets you to pick against them.

I also like BUF to cover -2 against the NYJ

I'm also playing the moneyline for the Giants to beat NE outright, although I'm not as confident on this, I see NYG presenting some problems for NE particularly with the HYG pass rush.

I like ATL to cover -7 v.s. colts

The line I don't get is GB -5 1/2

This one seems so easy I am almost afraid it's one of those trap games, but I see GB winning by 2 TD's easy. I guess we'll see.

BUF screwed my, but the rest looked good, esp the NYG moneyline.

Made up some ground after last week.

As for tonight, going with a PHI -9 under 47 parlay.

Don't feel SUPER great about it, but I love having Monday Night action.

BUF screwed my, but the rest looked good, esp the NYG moneyline.

Made up some ground after last week.

As for tonight, going with a PHI -9 under 47 parlay.

Don't feel SUPER great about it, but I love having Monday Night action.

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out of the winners list. Yeah the Eagles should roll these guys, if Vick plays the way he did last week they probably will. Not going to be a big play for me either way.

Sorry, didn't mean to leave you out of the winners list. Yeah the Eagles should roll these guys, if Vick plays the way he did last week they probably will. Not going to be a big play for me either way.

I ended up buying the line down to 8 1/2. Weird, the website I use didn't deduct anything from the payout. If I try to go any lower it does.

After looking at this game more I feel like making a bet on the over of 23.5 at half is a good bet. Both teams seems to score a lot in the first half and slow down in the second.

Not sure about the Bears, but the reason the Eagles "slow down" in the 2nd half is that they have played with a lead in 6 of the 7 games they have played thus far, resulting in more runs, more ball control, and less scoring, more time-consumption, and less scoring. It is not a matter of them running out of gas, or a fluke...it is by design.

That being said, over 23.5 looks like a solid bet....

Didn't post my plays this weekend....and you can all thank me for that.....3-5, losing my big play in the process (NYJ/BUF over).

Not sure about the Bears, but the reason the Eagles "slow down" in the 2nd half is that they have played with a lead in 6 of the 7 games they have played thus far, resulting in more runs, more ball control, and less scoring, more time-consumption, and less scoring. It is not a matter of them running out of gas, or a fluke...it is by design.

That being said, over 23.5 looks like a solid bet....

Didn't post my plays this weekend....and you can all thank me for that.....3-5, losing my big play in the process (NYJ/BUF over).

Yeah I figured as much.

What are your thoughts on the final score/half time score. You seem to have good insight with regards to the eagles and how they will perform.

Yeah I figured as much.

What are your thoughts on the final score/half time score. You seem to have good insight with regards to the eagles and how they will perform.

Well, know in advance I am known on these boards as somewhat of a homer :wacko:...that being said:

This is a tale of two Eagles teams...one that turns the ball over, and one that doesn't. They were a monstrous -11 (20 giveaways) thru the first five games of the season on their way to a 1-4 mark. The last two weeks, both convincing wins (SU and ATS), they were a +6 (1 giveaway). They are on pace to set a franchise record for points scored, so even without the big play they relied on last year, and with all the turnovers, they are chewing up yardage and putting up lots of points.

This week, they get a Bears team that employs the exact same Cover 2 defense that the Eagles dissected last week against the Cowboys. That should bode well for offensive success. I see the Birds, at home, with weather not being a factor (60's and sunny today, 50"s gametime), being able to put up 27-30 points. The key will be how quickly they do it. Last week, the Eagles jumped out to a 21 point lead, making Dallas abandon running the ball early, even though they were having solid success (Murray finished the game 7+ YPC). The Eagles would be wise to do the same this week, as Forte is the kind of RB that could have great success against the smaller Eagle LBs and DBs.

The Bears D isn't what it used to be, and the Eagles know this game is of the must-win variety with the Giants upsetting the Pats yesterday. They will pull out all the stops, open the playbook, and do everything possible to jump out early. And even with all the problems the Eagles have had on defense earlier this year, I think they've plugged enough holes the last couple weeks to be able to stop an unimaginative offense like Chicago's.

Eagles 20-10 at the half, on their way to a 30-20 win.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Giants over 20.5 was very fortunate .

Here's what I have found. Most winning bets are very fortunate. You'll lose one like that for every one you win. Or more...

Well, know in advance I am known on these boards as somewhat of a homer :wacko:...that being said:

Eagles 20-10 at the half, on their way to a 30-20 win.

So you see more value in the Eagles first half line then I would assume? Safer?

So you see more value in the Eagles first half line then I would assume? Safer?

I do, but marginally. I would be shocked if the Eagles don't go full-throttle in the first half to get a big lead and try to force the Bears to throw to keep up. With the home crowd on their side to make it a bit loud, it makes sense to make Cutler work for every passing play/audible. They will stack 7-8 in the box, and let Nnamdi and Assante play some man, which is their strength. They will do everything possible to keep Forte from controlling the clock.

if they are successful, they should be able to get out to a decent lead. that being said, my 20-10 halftime score could make you really sweat it out...i could see either team scoring late in the half...but if I had pick a side, I'd pick the over for sure.

Overs got crushed yesterday, only 3 covered I think. I prefer to do totals at halftimes, seems easier to predict.

went light. took bears team total over 17.5 and a prop. longest td over 46.5 yards. Figure desean or bears d/st will snag that

Bears team total is in. I just need the long td now

I would like to express my extreme dissatisfaction for the result of the Cowboys/Seahawks game. It was right there. I was going to hit the big-time. But no.

Why oh why do I bet on Dallas? It's like, hey I've got a good idea, lets screw up a perfectly good parlayby throwing in Dallas just for fun!

The wife was in the room while I was watching the Cowboys fumble the ball at the goal-line. And when you do a stupid thing like lay 11 points against the "boys, you know as a gambler that fumble probably just cost you the spread. I sunk in my chair. The wife said, did you bet on Dallas?

Yep.

Why'd you do that?

Oh, I wanted to f up an otherwise perfectly fine weekend of gambling.

That's nice.