[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commissioners - Need your opinions on waiver / add/drop processes

Big Dogs

I need the opinion of the Huddler masses.......... in two of my leagues, we have a very similar waiver wire process. In both leagues, we run waivers overnight on Wed/Thur based on a manna ranking. Both leagues use CBS (don’t need the comments)…..The start of the season manna ranking is the reverse order from the original draft order (12 teams), and changes weekly based on the teams that make moves.

Our process is fairly straight forward……….

• When a player is dropped from a roster they are on waivers until the following week, and cannot be picked up that same week (This was done primarily to discourage collusion among teams).
  • After waivers run on any given week, the free agent period is open and all remaining players not on a roster are first come first served until the start of the first game of the week. A free agent pickup doesn't affect a team’s rank.

This system has worked great for years (one league is 13 years old & the other is 6 years old). Because there are now Thursday night games EVERY week, this system has come into question in both leagues because the free agent pool is locked after the start of the Thursday night game, and teams lose out on the weekends to do final roster tweaking if they need to.

In the past, the Thursday night games only affected a few games per season, but now it’s every week, and in the last two weeks because of byes, and some teams not having depth at a given position, some teams have ended up playing a player on a bye our out due to injury on their active rosters, and they were not able to pick up someone over the weekend. All teams in both leagues were warned that this was going to be an issue this year going into the week 4 bye’s and they were warned to plan ahead.

On the flipside, both of these league have guys/gals that regularly travel for work, and sometimes, there is simply not the time early in the week to get online to make sure you are set for the weekend…. (especially if you know you don’t have any players going on Thursday night).

With that said, I’m seeking the advice of other Huddler commissioners on some alternative options to run the waiver pick up process………. I want the process to be fair and flexible, but one that still forces teams to spend some amount of time planning their team....

Huddler Commissioners, I seek your advice! :pc::shrug:

Like Big John alluded to, there should be a setting that says something like "Players lock at kickoff of their individual game" rather than "All players lock at kickoff of first game of the week." Something along those lines. That would leave FCFS open until Monday, essentially.

If that's not an option, moving to Tuesday night waivers is a decent alternative.

Allow waivers except for Thursday players for the rest of the week.

Should be a setting to lock at start of players game? I know MFL.com allows this option. It's how we do it in my leagues. Waivers through Wednesday night, then FCFS for the rest of the week. Thursday players lock until the following week, all others are available.