[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks huddle!

snoop2

I asked you for win-loss records and you have yet to post any.

whatever dude.

2 winning records in locals. 7-6-1 in a 16 team both and tanked in a 12 team both keeper.

it's all relative..who ya playing against? how many BOTH leagues are you in? or are you dominating aginst your wife, kid and the secretary from work? :lol:

Curious as to why you are pressing him so hard. Is your position that no one could make better decisions than the Huddle?

Nothing personal here but he made a statement and all I asked was "How are you doing without the Huddle" and never got a straight answer. I have seen much sillier exchanges than the one I am in.

whatever dude.

2 winning records in locals. 7-6-1 in a 16 team both and tanked in a 12 team both keeper.

it's all relative..who ya playing against? how many BOTH leagues are you in? or are you dominating aginst your wife, kid and the secretary from work? :lol:

Didn't see this earlier. Thanks for your response.

I notice that you didn't answer my question.

His initial post insinuated that any of us who are paying members are suckers. I took exception to that. I didn't see when he finally answered my question.It did take a while. All in all it just boils down to his opinion versus mine. Not a big deal. It took a while for him to answer, it was a simple question. Had it been answered when asked a lot of this banter would have been avoided. If someone chooses to go another way it doesn't mean those who don't follow are stupid and vice-versa.

According to ESPN's projections, I would be cruising into the championship. Instead, I am relying on Stafford for 400 yards and 5 TDs to get me in by 1 point. Projections are such a crapshoot, no matter who puts them together - not something I would pay for. You are correct though that it is a matter of opinion.

Edited by bud29

Of course projections are a crapshoot to some extent, it's documented that even the very best WDIS prognosticators miss a high percentage of the time. Nobody could predict some of this stuff. But I rely on the Huddle and other providers to gather the information, keep their finger on the pulse, report relevant events, etc., all of which can give an edge in developing my own projections. If I were paid to do it, quit my day job, and spent 8 hours a day on it, I would be better at it too. And you gotta get your news somewhere.

So yeah, I do value their opinion, and take their projections into account. But I also use several other sources routinely in addition to the Huddle (including one other pay service), and make my own independent decisions.

By the way, projections are not the only thing you get with a subscription. Tunnel Vision, Free Agent Forecast, Team Position Rankings, Pick-up Joint to name a few. Well worth the nominal annual fee. So this notion that people who pay for the subscription are somehow "suckers" is inane.

Would really like to see him post his record for this year, just to appease all of us suckers!

I know you weren't talking to me, but since you asked...

I'm not a paying member this year after having been one for a number of years. I had my best year in a long time, 11-2 regular season record, though there was some luck involved (e.g. playing the Rodgers owner the night he went down on MNF where a below average game would have given him the win).

But then I lost this week.

Did my not being a member make my team better, not sure. But I paid more attention to some things, thought more for myself and generally tried to have more fun instead of comparing a bunch of differnet projections and other rankings each week.

By the way, projections are not the only thing you get with a subscription. Tunnel Vision, Free Agent Forecast, Team Position Rankings, Pick-up Joint to name a few. Well worth the nominal annual fee. So this notion that people who pay for the subscription are somehow "suckers" is inane.

I said "people that pay for projections are suckers". Not people that pay for the subscription. again...reading comprehension people

• Like 1

FWIW, I pay for the draft info, and the other stuff is pretty much "entertainment". Most of the other (non-draft) stuff, IMO at least, seems to mirror other sites despite formulas, statistics, confidence factors, etc.

Draft info is worth it here. And I'm happy I stuck to my Huddle draft strategery... otherwise, I'd be "at home" with Forte instead of going to the championship with Charles. The couple of times I tried following the projections this year, I got HUGHly burned - two losses specific to decisions I made based on those projections. Never again. Doing projections is a thankless job. And not one I'd want.

• Like 1

I said "people that pay for projections are suckers". Not people that pay for the subscription. again...reading comprehension people

Wasn't directing that at you...there have been several other mentions in this thread by others that this is what was suggested, so I was simply addressing it. No need to be so defensive, and my reading aptitude is just fine, thanks.