[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Owners not submitting line-ups

Sam

It sucks whenever a player doesn't set his/her line up no matter what the reason. Somebody always takes a hit they wouldn't have otherwise. I agree with not asking the people back. Could be a great person and simply be that they are not that interested and a lack of interest is a good enough reason for a person to refrain from doing anything.

Yeah, I had to boot an owner from the league for it this past off-season. Missed posting his lineup last year once about mid-season, he was busy, forgot til it was too late, yada yada. Talked to him about the importance of posting his lineup every week, he understood, agreed, then did it again a few weeks later. Keeper league, he was not invited back, I found a replacement owner before this year's draft. I was the LM, and he is a friend of mine. I was hopeful that he would feel he was too busy to get in this year, but come early August, he called wondering why he hadn't received the draft notification. Had to break the news to him, no hard feelings, but not posting a lineup is simply not acceptable, causes way too much grief.

Just to be clear, this owner had no line-up, zero active players? All you said was he had Brady on the bench as well as his starting RB & WR.

I agree with a system that would use the last weeks line-up, in fact I'd prefer league management site just do that. Also ok with something like what others suggested where some ranking are used to select the best line-up.

However, if he simply had better players on his bench than in his line-up, I wouldn't be in favor of messing with that. You don't want to start deciding who is the best line-up for each team. (Not that I think that is what you're looking to do, but wanted to make sure we covered that angle.)

In this case both scenerios played out. He had Keenum in as QB and Brady on his bench as well as D. Williams in at RB and Murray on his bench. I agree you can't start messing with who you think someone should be starting. He also had AJ Green and his Def. on bye in his starting line-up. His only other WR was Boldin...who scored 21 pts. I think what everyone is agreeing on (for the most part) is that Boldin should have been inserted into his line-up for this week.

In this case both scenerios played out. He had Keenum in as QB and Brady on his bench as well as D. Williams in at RB and Murray on his bench. I agree you can't start messing with who you think someone should be starting. He also had AJ Green and his Def. on bye in his starting line-up. His only other WR was Boldin...who scored 21 pts. I think what everyone is agreeing on (for the most part) is that Boldin should have been inserted into his line-up for this week.

Ok, so long as that is done BEFORE the games are played based on some agreed upon method. Not after points are known.

The thing I wouldn't like about this as a commish is the extra work involved.

Yeah, I had to boot an owner from the league for it this past off-season. Missed posting his lineup last year once about mid-season, he was busy, forgot til it was too late, yada yada. Talked to him about the importance of posting his lineup every week, he understood, agreed, then did it again a few weeks later. Keeper league, he was not invited back, I found a replacement owner before this year's draft. I was the LM, and he is a friend of mine. I was hopeful that he would feel he was too busy to get in this year, but come early August, he called wondering why he hadn't received the draft notification. Had to break the news to him, no hard feelings, but not posting a lineup is simply not acceptable, causes way too much grief.

You probably should have told him he was not going to be invited back at some point rather than let him find out by not getting the invite. If you made that decision in Dec/Jan, tell him then not 8-9 months later.

You probably should have told him he was not going to be invited back at some point rather than let him find out by not getting the invite. If you made that decision in Dec/Jan, tell him then not 8-9 months later.

Ya think?? I've known this guy for about a decade, and as I said, he is a friend. He is also one of those who has a hard time keeping up with things, so it was very likely that he may have either:

• Called me and told me that he decided not to play this year, especially after missing roster postings twice last year

• Forgotten about it until it was too late and not even cared that he missed it.

For those reasons, I felt no need to confront him with "You're out this year" and creating an unnecessary confrontation.

But thanks for your input, I'm sure you know much better than I how to handle my league and my friends.

We had funny situation in one league. The guy playing against somebody I wanted to lose (!) hadn't changed his lineup for Byes and injuries, and I posted a message to the league, "Hey where's Dingo? He hasn't done his lineup" I then e-mailed him and included some suggestions! To no avail. He never showed, he lost. The commish after the fact called him and he had that same excuse - he meant to do it Sunday morning, but forgot. Turns out I was playing the same guy the next week.The guy in 1st place (I was in 4th) then messaged that "Bet BeachBum doesn't want Dingo to change his lineup this week!" But I had already e-mailed him and the commish that he still had some changes needed, and again gave him my opinion of what to do - including waiver pickups. He of course made some changes, not all I suggested, and we ended up in a competitive matchup, though I (of course) won!

He has since stayed current.