[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cheat Sheet versus Top 200

stethant

So I'm starting to get into my research a bit and noticed that the rankings in the Cheat Sheet are occasionally different from the Top 200 sheet rankings.

As examples, Mike Wallace is behind a few receivers on the Top 200 that he's ahead of on the Cheat Sheet. Al-a-mo is slotted slightly further back on the Top 200 as well. Randall Cobb is quite different between the two.

Are the lists compiled by different analysts or is it just one slightly lagging behind the other in updates?

The cheat sheets are made from the projections and are customized on whatever scoring system you select. There are 3 Top 200 lists = Performance (no PPR), PPR and QB-Heavy (which is also PPR).

Those three are made manually. There is no accurate enough way to create a "custom" 200 list with all the myriad of potential scoring differences. We may make a stab at it next year but I dislike losing control of where I like players to fall when customized scoring is used just for ranking, let alone then mixing in all positions in a top 200.

The cheat sheets are made from the projections and are customized on whatever scoring system you select. There are 3 Top 200 lists = Performance (no PPR), PPR and QB-Heavy (which is also PPR).

Those three are made manually. There is no accurate enough way to create a "custom" 200 list with all the myriad of potential scoring differences. We may make a stab at it next year but I dislike losing control of where I like players to fall when customized scoring is used just for ranking, let alone then mixing in all positions in a top 200.

OK that makes sense - and thanks for the quick reply.

I guess what I'm getting at though is if I use the Huddle Performance Cheat Sheet receiver "A" is ranked as the 20th WR, but when I go to the top 200 performance (no PPR) sheet then receiver "A" is actually the 24th WR on the list. It seems like receiver "A" should still be the 20th WR selected on the top 200 - comparing Huddle Performance Cheat Sheet to Performance Top 200 - just that his position relative to other RB/QB/TE may change based on scoring system.

stelhant,

I think DMD main point may be missing its mark with you, cheat sheets use your custom scoring (assuming you entered it), the top 200 lists do not. So it is possible for your scoring rules to skew a particular player ahead/behind some others (even at the same position) when compared to the top 200 list. (At least that's how I took his explanation.)

Hey stevegrab,

Yeah that's how I interpreted it too but I had both set to Huddle performance (no custom feature) and they still didn't match.

I just went and rechecked it this evening and it looks like they match much better now - not sure if they reordered one or the other or if I just picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue....

Either way, problem solved!