[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos News

Rileyrott

Wes Welker concussion:

http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/8216/welkers-concussion-raises-concern

Matt Prater suspended for 4 games:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_26394817/matt-prater-suspended-by-nfl-first-four-games

Wow, this sucks, both as a Broncos fan, and for FF.

Hello Cody Latimer!!

Edited by irish

Sanders getting a bump is obvious but I think latimer well be the guy to watch here. He's the guy the Broncos will want to start opposite Thomas next season while playing Sanders in the slot.

Definitely move sanders way up, question is Caldwell or Latimer? I say Caldwell to start the season and Latimer towards the end

I think those 2 will cancel each other out but if I had to take 1 I would go Caldwell.

I really look at this as just another reason why Ball should get off.

IAOFM suggests it will be Caldwell.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/knowshon-busts-loose-in-miami

He filled-in last year when Welker went down and had a big game against SD 6/11, 59 yards, 2 TD's (12/12/2014). He knows the system and arrived when Manning did in 2012.

Also, don't forget about Tamme, who is another option in the slot.

Caldwell certainly could fill the spot, however, he is 29 years old and I'm sure they'd love to get their highly touted rookie WR more involved now, especially after moving up to get him.

Caldwell certainly could fill the spot, however, he is 29 years old and I'm sure they'd love to get their highly touted rookie WR more involved now, especially after moving up to get him.

As the season goes along I am sure this will happen. Peyton will just use them all.

I think this bumps up Demaryius even more too as when this kind of thing happened in indy it would boost the number 1's numbers.

Edited by HighKite

Any substance to the welker retiring talk? I don't think there is but according to John fox 3 concussions in the past 10 months is just insane.

It is bad news and I wouldn't be shocked if he hung them up. The kind of hit he took wasn't one of those devastating types you see when guys suffer concussions. It was the kind he'll be involved in A LOT based on how he plays. Whether it's now or 8 weeks from now, I think it's over.

It is bad news and I wouldn't be shocked if he hung them up. The kind of hit he took wasn't one of those devastating types you see when guys suffer concussions. It was the kind he'll be involved in A LOT based on how he plays. Whether it's now or 8 weeks from now, I think it's over.

Yeah I am actually more concerned with the type of hit he took and his concussion history....the fact that it wasn't a nasty hit means to me he is going to see quite a few more concussions in the shirt term if he keeps playing

Yeah I am actually more concerned with the type of hit he took and his concussion history....the fact that it wasn't a nasty hit means to me he is going to see quite a few more concussions in the shirt term if he keeps playing

Exactly.

I think Sanders gets a huge bump here. Remember all those times Decker tripped running wide open towards the endzone? That's Sanders minus the falling down part!!!!

Edited by Potman
  • Like 1

I think Sanders gets a huge bump here. Remember all those times Decker tripped running wide open towards the endzone? That's Sanders minus the falling down part!!!!

I agree with the hype on Sanders, but it was pretty clear they were feeding the ball to him specifically.

I don't think Sanders has Deckers route running skills myself. and route running is what will make Peyton give it to you.

That being said, we have seen him make people we never heard of fantasy options so Sanders should have no problem doing the same.

I don't think Sanders has Deckers route running skills myself. and route running is what will make Peyton give it to you.

That being said, we have seen him make people we never heard of fantasy options so Sanders should have no problem doing the same.

Sanders is also 4 inches shorter and 35 lbs lighter than Decker. He's a totally different WR. Sanders is Welker's replacement by design. It's just happening a year earlier than planned.

Sanders is also 4 inches shorter and 35 lbs lighter than Decker. He's a totally different WR. Sanders is Welker's replacement by design. It's just happening a year earlier than planned.

Exactly and Cody latimer will be the better Decker starting opposite Thomas surely by next year if not later this year.

Looks that way. as said that hit was not as bad as some you see and I think it would be best for Welker to say so long to the game.

Sanders has something that both the Broncos and Patriots love so there has to be something to the guy. Patriots threw him a sizable offer sheet last off season that forced the Steelers to match it and he ended up with Peyton in Denver. I'm not saying Sanders is a legit number 1 but there has to be something to him if two of the top teams in the AFC both went after him when they realized that the Steelers couldn't hang on to him.

Regarding the bump for Sanders, in a 12-team redraft last night, I grabbed him at 5.02 as my wr#3, behind Jeffrey and Crabtree. No way he was going to make it back to me at 6.11. Maybe a slight reach.....I dunno, but I'm happy I got him.