[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D/ST points...

sksmith

Just curious if anyone is in a league where points are given to the D/ST for a turnover on downs? It is not in any of my 3 leagues...I kind of think it should be, similar to a fumble recovery (2pts)

Yeah, probably...was just looking at it from the very specific 4th and Inches/goal-line stand aspect in terms of whether it should be worth fantasy points or not...plus the whole "turnover on downs" label was what prompted the inquiry

I have friends in other leagues that reward points rather frivolously, IMO (to the tune of a 300+ pt day not being unheard of) and wouldn't have been surprised had someone responded with a "yeah, we get 4pts!"...it's interesting to see what all formats consider fantasy point worthy

My local gives DEFs one point per punt. But we don't award a point for turnover on downs. I've brought this up before but for some reason we haven't changed it.

I've never heard of either, but if you give a point per punt, you should definitely give something for a turnover on downs.

Not sure if NFL keeps stats on this, though, which might make it difficult.

Finding a site that allows you to set up a scoring rule for some of these things is the problem. Sure you may want to score that, but unless somebody is going to do it manually you may be out of luck.

I was wondering the other day if any leagues who deduct for turnovers also deduct more of the turnover is returned for a TD. Then I thought, would that stat exist, or be a scoring category (offensive player, fumbles or is interecepted and returned for a TD). Based on what I know about our site (CBS) I didn't think it was possible. But now that I look I do see that, under passing stats "(PaIntTD) Passing Interception for TD" but don't see something for fumble TD return. But there are quite a few interesting categories that can be scored.