[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curious about your # of post draft acquisitions so far.

Boy Named Suh

I've done 29 add/drops this season. This is an insane amount for me. Usually I go all season with 6-8. But, i have moved from a 1-3 record to 7-3. Lacy, dez, evens, gore were my 1-4 picks. Most of my moves have been depth moves, not sure i needed to do this, but after "playing my studs" in the first 4 weeks...i had to get creative! It cost $5 per move, but I don't care about cost...I care about WINNING!

Winning the title and not the money? Or is there a massive payout to compensate for the $145 you've spent on roster moves?

who else did you draft? this was my first year and i came into it not really knowing much about how valuable each position is plus not knowing nearly as much as i should have about individual players in general outside of the teams i follow..... and i drafted Peyton in the second round :doh: I sorta panicked after seeing a few people take Luck and Rodgers and thought everyone else would take all the decent QBs that round.
looking back at the draft, i could have taken Julio, Gronk, Hopkins, Ingram, Alshon...hell Brady would have worked out OK.

I actually drafted pretty decently my first year of fantasy, not knowing a lick about football players at the time. It also helps that I had Jamaal Charles the one year he hasn't gotten hurt, haha. Also helps my buddy told me to draft Dez at the time thinking he was cheating me out of the WR he wanted and he blew up that year.

But I'd definitely recommend some sort of cheat sheet with player rankings to help with draft(which is what I used my first year). Don't mistake it for gospel, but it helps keep in mind some value picks in players you might not be thinking about right away. Just gotta use common sense (like why did anyone draft Jordan Matthews this year, lol)

Edited by Inziladun

10 team PPR (34 acquisitions, 3 trades) Record 7-3 1st place

8 team standard (19 acquisitions, 3 trades) Record 6-4 2nd place

There is truth to the 8-team teams who don't struggle making less moves imo. I have so many good players rostered it's basically making a lateral move in many cases, so unless you have ocd, its usually a wasted move to continue shuffling players in an 8 team to just yeild similar results in most cases.

No time to read entire thread, but interesting to see on the first page mentions of "over managing". How can one say that without knowing what the pickups were? Maybe the owner had a rash of injuries.... maybe, and more likely, they're streaming defenses and/or kickers? This would certainly account for higher move counts. Not sure what the point of this thread is considering streaming is a fairly common practice these days.

Just for poop n' giggles...

10-team redraft (8-2): 13 (have stayed healthy, mainly defense/kicker swaps and a couple speculative pick-ups)

12-team redraft (4-6): 14 (a few injuries, mostly defense/kicker swaps)

12-team redraft (8-2): 10 (have stayed healthy, mainly kicker swaps and a couple speculative pick-ups)

:shrug:

10 team PPR (34 acquisitions, 3 trades) Record 7-3 1st place

8 team standard (19 acquisitions, 3 trades) Record 6-4 2nd place

There is truth to the 8-team teams who don't struggle making less moves imo. I have so many good players rostered it's basically making a lateral move in many cases, so unless you have ocd, its usually a wasted move to continue shuffling players in an 8 team to just yeild similar results in most cases.

I could definitely see that turning into almost a streaming lineup for people like me with too much free time. I work from home, and am on the computer all day. I would most likely hit triple digit acquisitions trying to play match ups in an 8 team league. It is a sickness.

No time to read entire thread, but interesting to see on the first page mentions of "over managing". How can one say that without knowing what the pickups were? Maybe the owner had a rash of injuries.... maybe, and more likely, they're streaming defenses and/or kickers? This would certainly account for higher move counts. Not sure what the point of this thread is considering streaming is a fairly common practice these days.

Just for poop n' giggles...

10-team redraft (8-2): 13 (have stayed healthy, mainly defense/kicker swaps and a couple speculative pick-ups)

12-team redraft (4-6): 14 (a few injuries, mostly defense/kicker swaps)

12-team redraft (8-2): 10 (have stayed healthy, mainly kicker swaps and a couple speculative pick-ups)

:shrug:

The original point was to see how I compared in terms of sheer numbers. Now, I think that the records of the teams in regards to the number of acquisitions has become more interesting. It has illustrated, in my mind, that there is absolutely no correlation at all, and that drafting well in terms of the position drafted meeting or exceeding production expectations and lucking out on injuries are the main factors on number of acquisitions. As these factors are next to impossible to predict (with drafting Arian Foster and Jamal Charles being the exception), then there is really no point in stigmatizing the number of post draft acquisitions (which I was doing to myself). As you say, it is all about the needs of your team. Judging my teams by other's has made it clear that there is no point in judging my teams by other's or placing a positive or negative connotation on acquisition numbers.

Edited by Boy Named Suh
  • Like 1

I actually drafted pretty decently my first year of fantasy, not knowing a lick about football players at the time. It also helps that I had Jamaal Charles the one year he hasn't gotten hurt, haha. Also helps my buddy told me to draft Dez at the time thinking he was cheating me out of the WR he wanted and he blew up that year.

But I'd definitely recommend some sort of cheat sheet with player rankings to help with draft(which is what I used my first year). Don't mistake it for gospel, but it helps keep in mind some value picks in players you might not be thinking about right away. Just gotta use common sense (like why did anyone draft Jordan Matthews this year, lol)

Most experts (including the Huddle staff who many of us have trusted for advice for years) projected Matthews (and the whole PHI offense) to be much better than they turned out to be. I admit to not following enough stuff and having to trust some cheat sheet, multiple sources (some paid some free) had JMatt ranked ahead of Fitzgerald and Jarvis Landry so I kept him instead of those guys. Fitz had been on my team for years and I figured it was time to move on (still had Megatron and DT for a strong WR core).

The numbers change if someone is streaming D/ST of course.

I find it strange to see the difference between my Week 1 and Week 11 in Outraged. I have only 1 starter that is the same for a variety of reasons.

Luck/Cousins

Gore/Bernard

Lacy/Starks

Cooks/Freeman

Edelman/LaFell

Fitzgerald/Fitzgerald

Bailey/Gould

Arizona/Atlanta