[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Honda Pilot

frenzal rhomb

My Dad has one with 150,000 miles. They like it only complaint is interior is dated since its 15 years old (maybe 20). I've owned lots of Hondas, love them and they are reliable. We had an issue with our dealer (Piazza in Reading FWIW) 10 years ago and have driven Nissans since. My wife has a Murano and we really like. Had an Xterra but that was more like driving a truck. We looked at the Pathfinders when we got the Murano but didn't drive one. Nissian reliability is petty comparable to Honda IME. Worth the drive to Wernersville

We have one (2012 I think). It's a Honda, good product. Pretty good mpg for a vehicle this big, at least compared to my smaller Hyundai Santa Fe. We did recently look at that brand new model and the redesign is smaller than ours

I have a 2007 Pilot with 110,000 miles. We like it a lot, and it's been up and down the eastern seaboard a few times. Handles great in the snow. Very comfortable inside. My only complaint would be that road noise is a little louder than average, especially with snow tires. But it's not enough of an issue to keep me from buying it again. If not standard in your trim line, get the running boards as an option.

• Like 1

I'm driving the one we have had since 2002 - 200K miles on it - still running great, no major issues.

When my truck finally died (270K miles on it) my wife got a new car (Traverse) and I got the Pilot. Traverse has been nothing but problems (currently in legal proceeding with GM/Dealer over it) and can't wait to get rid of it.

We will definitely consider getting a newer Pilot for my wife once the Traverse issue is settled

Edited by Big Country

• 2 weeks later...

I'm driving the one we have had since 2002 - 200K miles on it - still running great, no major issues.

When my truck finally died (270K miles on it) my wife got a new car (Traverse) and I got the Pilot. Traverse has been nothing but problems (currently in legal proceeding with GM/Dealer over it) and can't wait to get rid of it.

We will definitely consider getting a newer Pilot for my wife once the Traverse issue is settled

Well, GM is buying back our Traverse, so I am now thrust back into the car search arena.

The new Pilot that has 2nd row captains chair is my wife's first choice, she's researching other options that she likes as I much prefer to get a car that is 2-3 years old that will be about half the price, but with how good the other Pilot has been to us, I may break down and be okay with getting a new one.

If it helps, we bought our Pilot from the dealer as a lease turn-in. 3 years old with 34K miles. Probably paid a little more than buying privately, but it came with all the maintenance records which made me feel better about the upkeep. With all of the end of year sales and lease offers, you may get lucky with something good getting turned in.

Well, GM is buying back our Traverse, so I am now thrust back into the car search arena.

The new Pilot that has 2nd row captains chair is my wife's first choice, she's researching other options that she likes as I much prefer to get a car that is 2-3 years old that will be about half the price, but with how good the other Pilot has been to us, I may break down and be okay with getting a new one.

Actually got mine Tuesday and paid the price I wanted - called the dealer and said I will pay XXXX amount out the door. They called back and said ok but 500.00 more. I said sorry, cant do it - I am at my max what Im willing to pay. 3 hours later they called back and said deal. December is a great month to buy.

Anyway - so far love the 2016 Pilot but we have a long way to go

• 3 weeks later...

Actually got mine Tuesday and paid the price I wanted - called the dealer and said I will pay XXXX amount out the door. They called back and said ok but 500.00 more. I said sorry, cant do it - I am at my max what Im willing to pay. 3 hours later they called back and said deal. December is a great month to buy.

Anyway - so far love the 2016 Pilot but we have a long way to go

Congrats! They changed the design for the 2016, it's a lot more sleeker. The wife bought a new one in 2012 and loves it. My accord has almost 150,00 miles and still going strong. IMO, they're the most reliable vehicle. I will always by Honda or Acura.

• Like 1

Congrats! They changed the design for the 2016, it's a lot more sleeker. The wife bought a new one in 2012 and loves it. My accord has almost 150,00 miles and still going strong. IMO, they're the most reliable vehicle. I will always by Honda or Acura.

always great to read ringing endorsements - hopefully I have as much luck as you

Well, the buyback of the Traverse is basically complete (signed all paperwork and gave the car back yesterday), and on Saturday, after checking out the new Pilot, Armadas, Yukons, Tahoes, Expeditions, Suburbans and even a couple minivan options, we ended up getting a good deal on a 2013 Suburban. With 3 boys (11 through 5), their friends, their sports gear, etc. we decided we needed the extra cargo room in addition to at least 7 passenger capability, so that limited us to the Suburban, Expedition XL and Yukon XL and possibly minivan, which my wife did not want, so after taking all of that into consideration and seeing what was available, took the deal on the 2013 Suburban which only had 36,000 miles and was fully loaded.

That said, I am still driving our Pilot that we have had since '02 ('03 model year that we bought brand new), it is currently at 208K miles and (knock on wood) going strong. I've got a couple of hopefully minor things that I need to have fixed at my next oil change in a few weeks (passenger window motor has blown and the driver side second seat is not folding down anymore). As much as I would love to finally get back into a truck, I'll plan to drive this until it literally is falling apart, hoping at least another 100K miles or so.

Edited by Big Country
  • Like 3