[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rest of Season Cheat Sheet

sonnyrandle

Rekroot, on 26 Sept 2016 - 6:59 PM, said:

I'm a little surprised by Latavius Murrays percentage of running back touches. For one Murray really doesn't have any competition by the other rookie running backs. They are not at Murrays level. Two, Jack Del Rio typically will typically have a bell cow back much like MJD was in Jax. I still believe Murray

will dominate carries and as defenses wear down he will get better.

What's your take Cory? Are you picking up Perkins now? Would you hedge on Lynch for weeks four and five? Do you see Dixon getting the carries right away like Ray Rice did when McGahee and McClain were in front of him. I just can't see West and Forsett being much competition.

Perkins has to be in the mix. I'm not super high on his potential, but he must be added to rosters. Darkwa and eventually Jennings should be the primary guys.

Lynch?

I think there is a lot to be said for Trestman and Harbaugh being extremely loyal to veteran players Forsett will be given a very long leash.

I'm still learning how to copy/paste quote inside of response.

I mentioned Lynch based on the guy who started profoottalk... Can't think of his name. Anyways on September 8th he had an article suggesting week 4 and 5 as an outside chance of a possibility of Lynch's return. (Trying not to jinx it). Also last week there was an article out of Southern Illinois where the fantasy football advisor recommended picking up Lynch due to a combination of seattles offensive line weakening, running back situation falling creating a higher possibility of return. Nothing's factual... It's anyone's best guess.

You really don't think Harbaugh would pull the trigger and let Dixon loose? When Ray Rice was let loose, he practiced with first team in OTA even though he was third string basically at beginning of season. McGahee was a top ten running back until he had a finger stuck in his eye. LeRon blows up next game. Then it was Ray Rice time.

Similarities are MaGahee and Forsett are veteran starters who still had/have some tread.

Forsett practiced with first team in OTA's when he took over for Ray Rice not Bernard Pierce.

Dixon practiced with first team in OTA's as well.

There just seems to be a lot of similarities. For what it's worth after the eye incident MaGahee never started again.

I'm glad someone else pointed out the glaring oversights. I still see some curious rankings, but it is (I think) one person's opinion rather than a consensus. I always thought it was something that was combed over pretty good. The glaring errors just tell me it doesn't get quite the attention I thought it did. Hopefully it'll change.

It started to drop off last season as a valued guide...now it's just something I'll glance at.

I appreciate your candor Cory, but I echo Sharpie's sentiments. I use to trust the column as a guide as well, and used it as a tool for free agent acquisitions and trade evaluations.

Sadly, this site, like many others, now panders to those that play weekly games of chance.

I'll take that into consideration when my renewal notice arrives.