[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky Williams Must Pay Dolphins Back

Puddy

Wow, that's a lot of money. He obviously doesn't have it. When was he given all that money? Is the 8.5 million a portion of his bonus, or the whole thing? If it is a portion, then I totally agree he should have to pay it all back. If it was given to him when he first signed, or if he reached some incentives, it should be prorated. I'm not entirely familiar with the case. FYI, I can't stand Ricky "the quitter" Williams.

When Ricky signed with the Dolphins, he wanted a new contract. The Dolphins, correctly noticing that Ricky was a little off, agreed to restructure his contract, but made the contract incentive-laden. There was also a provision, that if Ricky quit before the end of the contract, he would be responsible to repay the Dolphins. And Ricky quit anyway. Idiot.

The Dolphins know they cannot collect on the contract. What this does is if/when Ricky does decide he misses the money and the pampered life of being a football star and wants to return to football, he is gonna have to deal with the Dolphins and so will any team willing to take a shot on him. He'll be back and someone (the Raiders) with the need for a potential stud at RB will pony up some draft picks and/or cash for him.

He's digging himself deeper and deeper - but I guess if Lawrence Phillips can get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th chance - so too can Ricky.

700098[/snapback]

I picked Ricky up in the 16th round of my draft last year hoping that he may come back at some point. We get one keeper from players taken in round 10+. Any chance that Ricky will be my keeper?

Slim