[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pistons and Patriots

CaptainHook

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "premier player" isn't necessarily a "great" player ... ie - Corey Dillon ... everyone knew he was a good RB, however, if he would have been playing for the Patsies for the last five years or so then people would say he is "great" ... WRONG ...

A "GREAT" RB is someone like Barry Sanders who played on an absolutely pitiful team yet struck fear in every defense that had to face him.  What if Barry Sanders had been on a team that won 3 SB's would anyone ever say he wasn't the better RB ever?  I doubt it.

This whole argument about Brady being the best is crap and that is why I have been using sarcasm.  As far as Seymour goes ... he is good, sure, but when people start singing his praises who aren't Patsies fans then other people will pay attention.

842588[/snapback]

your anti patriots bias is seeping through with every key ya hit....but i dunno...3 straight pro bowls for big sey..two straight appearances on the ap all pro team..id say some people are paying attention..maybe your problem is you arent....

your anti patriots bias is seeping through with every key ya hit....but i dunno...3 straight pro bowls for big sey..two straight appearances on the ap all pro team..id say some people are paying attention..maybe your problem is you arent....

842708[/snapback]

i don't have an anti-patriot bias ... i do have a brady is the best and can make any team better bias ...

and yes some have noticed seymour but he probably ain't flying off IDP draft boards in the first couple picks yet ..

i don't have an anti-patriot bias ... i do have a brady is the best and can make any team better bias ...

and yes some have noticed seymour but he probably ain't flying off IDP draft boards in the first couple picks yet ..

842720[/snapback]

ya called em the patsies..sounds like someone has a hidden bias to me...anyways you are an idiot

now you wanna say he isnt 'flying off idp draft boards'..gimme a break...i was never talking in terms of fantasy production...ya can go back and read the part where i said to hook ' i dont always measure a defensive linemans value in sheer stats'

he plays end in a 3-4 scheme which is designed for the linebackers to get at the quarterback...hes really better suited to play inside..hes not a prototypical de..but because of his versatility he is able to pull it off..im not looking for strahan like sack totals from the guy...

hes a disruptive force that draws attention

ask jarvis green how he was able to accumulate 3 sacks on the afc championship game 2 years ago

ya called em the patsies..sounds like someone has a hidden bias to me...anyways you are an idiot

now you wanna say he isnt 'flying off idp draft boards'..gimme a break...i was never talking in terms of fantasy production...ya can go back and read the part where i said to hook ' i dont always measure a defensive linemans value in sheer stats'

he plays end in a 3-4 scheme which is designed for the linebackers to get at the quarterback...hes really better suited to play inside..hes not a prototypical de..but because of his versatility he is able to pull it off..im not looking for strahan like sack totals from the guy...

hes a disruptive force that draws attention

ask jarvis green how he was able to accumulate 3 sacks on the afc championship game 2 years ago

842733[/snapback]

just so you know ... I am an equal opportunity heckler ... I am only an hour away from cleveland and call them the Clowns and/or Brownies so your point on the Patsies is off base ...

also I said Seymour was good but not the best ... I'll leave it at that since it is the truth

and oh ... i probably won't run into mr. green anytime soon but if i do, i'll ask him

hey ... if nothing else, it has been a nice healthy argument :D

Edited by 1stimer

just so you know ... I am an equal opportunity heckler ... I am only an hour away from cleveland and call them the Clowns and/or Brownies so your point on the Patsies is off base ...

also I said Seymour was good but not the best ... I'll leave it at that since it is the truth 

and oh ... i probably won't run into mr. green  anytime soon but if i do, i'll ask him

hey ... if nothing else, it has been a nice healthy argument  :D

842744[/snapback]

since you know who "the best" is please share

hahah all ive heard so far from people is 'well he didnt make the ap all rookie team' and 'he isnt flying off the boards in idp drafts" and "no one outside of new england is paying any attention to him"

i mean ive said it about 100 times..3 pro bowls in 4 years..2 ap all pro nominations..what do you want?

i mean i guess brian russell must have topped your "top safeties in the nfl" list last year by rackin up 9 picks in 03?

hook, seymour was voted on the pro football weekly all rookie team..so his efforts did not go unnoticed

yeah the patriots didnt miss a beat without him..they didnt miss a beat without ty law..they won like 7 games witout deion branch in 04...the eagles didnt really miss a beat w/out terrell owens either...i dont think the pats winning without big sey says anything about his level of talent

again...i dont really value sheer stats when evaluating defensive lineman...seymour isnt a prototypical end..in the pats scheme..hes there to take on lineman..the pats 3-4 scheme is really geared towards the linebackers getting at the quarterback

when they switched to 4-3 in superbowl 39..he moved back inside...registered a sack..batted down 2 passes and bloodied mcnabbs chin

842073[/snapback]

I was looking at the wrong year. You are correct, Seymour was on the all-rook team in '01. However, he did not make the Pro Bowl.

I was just busting you a little for Seymour holding out. No doubt he is more versatile than Stroud. But versatility doesn't help when you're not in camp. :D For those of you just joining the argument, this just is going back to our discussion last year on which DT I'd rather have. FIDTML wants Seymour. I want Stroud. Mainly because I just want a run stopping, disruptive force in the middle. Seymour probably is the best lineman in a 3-4. But the Colts run a 4-3 and have plenty of ends. . .

Back to the Brady thing, no doubt, he is top 5 in the league at his position. I don't think Rohan Davies could step in and lead the Pats to the Super Bowl. But you have to admit, the fact that undrafted free agents and low draft picks seem to fill in extremely well, and the Patriots still win Super Bowls, sure makes you wonder how good that system/coaching really is, and to what degree guys are a product of that system. . .

Edited by CaptainHook