[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone watch the Denver Game?

Duchess Jack

Any reason to get excited about the Twinky Eating Fury that is Dayne?  I picked him up on waivers last week.  Were his numbers more about his beating up on a tired D or was he showing a little something behind the Denver Oline to get excited about?

1002016[/snapback]

Well, at that point in the game Denver was looking to eat clock and get Elam, who'd missed a kick or two earlier in the day, better field position. It was late in the game and I guess Anderson might have been sore. And they didn't need a "home run TD" so Bell wasn't the answer. They just needed a healthy body to crash through garage-door sized holes in the line and keep the clock/chains moving. No fumbles. No penalties. Dayne fit the bill, given the conservative (though effective) end-game Broncos' strategy. I don't know if I'd read much into it, though, as I doubt Dayne is making a serious run at the starting position. To me, it looked like he merely cemented his status as a reliable situational player. Yes, Dayne's stock is up, but I wouldn't get too excited.

Anderson was sore... and Bell hurt himself on a special teams play earlier in the game, and Superstar Kyle Johnson already had his TD run...

Dayne did a good job. His long run was a 4th and 1 fake up the middle, pitch play to the left that fooled the defense completely (kinda like LdT's did earlier in the game to us).

All in all, as a Denver fan I hope he does get more carries. He got the job done when we needed it. Anderson is looking mighty weak these days, and the holes aren't quite as wide as they were last year, so Dayne provides some nice muscle to break through.

I think the days of the unknown 1500 yard rusher are over in Denver though. Our running game doesn't look quite the same as it used to... so don't expect anything crazy.

I think the days of the unknown 1500 yard rusher are over in Denver though.  Our running game doesn't look quite the same as it used to... so don't expect anything crazy.

1002741[/snapback]

Ditto. I think their running game is VERY suspect at this point. Defenses will stack the line and force Plummer to beat them---a very unlikely possibility.

Any reason to get excited about the  Twinky Eating Fury  that is Dayne? I picked him up on waivers last week. Were his numbers more about his beating up on a tired D or was he showing a little something behind the Denver Oline to get excited about?

What did I ever do to him??? :D

As an Anderson owner, I had the chance to pickup Dayne last week, and looked right past it. Anderson is the guy hands down when healthy. I'm not willing to empty another roster spot for such a slim possibility. I bet Dayne has never been called "slim" before. :D

I'd rather take a chance with one of these waiver wire pickups than pickup Dayne:

Brandon Jacobs (if he is still there)

Ladell Betts

Derrick Blaylock

Shaud Williams

Lamar Gordon

S. T.

What did I ever do to him???   :D

As an Anderson owner, I had the chance to pickup Dayne last week, and looked right past it.  Anderson is the guy hands down when healthy.  I'm not willing to empty another roster spot for such a slim possibility.  I bet Dayne has never been called "slim" before.   :D

I'd rather take a chance with one of these waiver wire pickups than pickup Dayne:

Brandon Jacobs (if he is still there)

Ladell Betts

Derrick Blaylock

Shaud Williams

Lamar Gordon

S. T.

1003154[/snapback]

What a surprise an Anderson owner who passed on Dayne thinks Anderson and his 3 YPC avg and 2 fumbles already will be the guy. :D

Edited by giantsfan

Anderson talked on Sirius after the game and said the gameplan was for him to exit early, so that may have been part ofthe reason. He said his ribs were sore, but no big deal.

1003179[/snapback]

See that I find hard to believe. So the plan was you run Anderson but when we really get down to the nitty gritty you come out. If Anderson was truly THE guy I doubt that happens.

What a surprise an Anderson owner who passed on Dayne thinks Anderson and his 3 YPC avg and 2 fumbles already will be the guy.

Hey, I have a lot more faith in Anderson than Dayne. If I am going to take a flyer on one of them, then it will be Anderson. It makes sense to me to take a shot at which one you believe will be the main guy, but doesn't make sense to hold the whole running back corps on your limited fantasy roster.

Tell you what, I would gladly go pickup Dayne and trade him to you for Anderson. Betcha wouldn't do it.

S. T.