[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steve Heiden

fballfreak

What's the deal with Heiden just grabbed him off waivers and dumped Troupe. Looks like Dilfer looked his way alot last weekend and connected. Is this the start of a good relationship or was this a one week wonder? Looks like Dilfer's been picking a different guy each week to play catch with. Cleveland homers have any insite?

A few things in Heiden's favor:

1) The offense was originally designed with Winslow in mind, so the TE is a reciever, not just a blocker.

2) Back-up Aaron Shea is injured. Last year Heiden had 28 catches, 287 yards, & 5 TD, Shea had 26 catches, 252 yards, & 4 TD. Together they are a decent (not great but decent) TE option. Currently Heiden is getting all the looks.

3) Dilfer is a veteran QB and will spread the offense, keeping Heiden involved.

One thing against him is the signing of Billy Miller.

Heiden is no worse than Troupe, that's for sure. If you are looking for average TE numbers (40 yards and a TD every 3rd week) he's your guy. If you're looking for Gonzalez / Gates / Witten / Crumpler numbers, you'll be disappointed.

KevinL hit it...this is a very TE friendly offense. I waited in most leagues to snag Heiden/Shea. Thought Shea would be the man but he's too injury prone to remain in the lineup. I waited too long in some leagues (32 Homers and Weapons of DMD) :D

Steve Heiden - meet Chris Baker.

1007335[/snapback]

Disagree for the reasons stated above. Plus he did have 3 catches for 32 yards in week one which isn't great but is better than 1 catch or something and shows he is somewhat involved. Will he be great? No way, but he should be better than guys who get 1 or 2 catches a game.

Disagree for the reasons stated above. Plus he did have 3 catches for 32 yards in week one which isn't great but is better than 1 catch or something and shows he is somewhat involved. Will he be great? No way, but he should be better than guys who get 1 or 2 catches a game.

1007475[/snapback]

This is what I was thinking myself. He was involved the first game and really came out his second game. You would think he would get some looks his way next week as well.