[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Venting

Men In Tights

I am so sick of all of these posts about trading their RB depth for help at WR. Everyone on this site is so flipping RB crazy it drives me nuts. Let's see, should I take Tiki Barber or Randy Moss. Everyone takes Tiki and then takes another RB in the 4th round and can't understand why their WR's suck a$$.

I have yet to see an undrafted WR step up like free agent RB's have year after year, and don't bring up Anquan Boldin because I know about him.

My point is there always seems to be RB's available that produce far greater than any WR you could ever pick up on the waiver wire.

Your RB depth does no good if you are already trying to trade it away for a consistent WR.

My advice is to draft a top flight WR in the 1st or 2nd round next year so you don't have to try and trade away your RB depth for a WR.

Hope this makes sense but like the "advice" vs. "advise" post, this drives me nuts when you are trading away your drafted team and we are only 2-weeks into the year (not to mention trading away RB depth because you were a moran and let a stud tier I WR slip by twice because you had to have those 2-RB's).

I also agree.

I used to draft RB heavy as well, only to have the constant headache each week of who to start out of 4 very average WRs. I've been much more successful lately by grabbing at least 1 top notch WR.

Rd 3 always seems like a no brainer to grab that elite WR. I chose 1st pick in a 10 man because I knew a Tier 1 WR would be available in my wraparound pick.

Every league is different. Mine, for instance, we only have waiver wire transactions after every third game thus our rosters are larger than normal. We do this for two reasons. 1st, we're busy people. 2nd, we like to do things in person since it's about the only time of year we can all get together.

On another note, I agree with you. In two weeks I've lost Walker and Burleson (waiting on results from his trip to the Mayo Clinic because he may be done, as well). Needless to say those were my top to WRs (I have Alexander), but I'm not looking to trade any of my RBs for a WR. It's a long year and a lot of things can and will happen.

In several leagues I only have 4 RBs with 2 of those RBs being sub-par ... because I always percieved there to be greater value during the draft at another position.

In Generation Lost my first three picks were SAlexander, CJohnson, THolt

1010664[/snapback]

You are very wise and I enjoy your "ignore" lists. Just hope I never make it on. :D