[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me ask you Smokers these questions

cliaz

And this is a serious question, I’m not asking this to piss anyone off.

You smoke. You pay on average $4.25 a pack. You smoke a pack a day. In a year you spend about $1551.25 to smoke. You are aware that smoking greatly impacts your health and that 1/3 of you on this board will die of a tobacco related illness.

Okay now the question.

1. Why continue to smoke? Is it that you are so addicted mentally and physically that the pains of withdraws are too much? Or is it ingrained so deeply into your life that it has become a second nature item like breathing?

2. If you could push a button that would make it so you could quit right then and there for the rest of your life without withdraw would you do it?

I’m curious because every single smoker I know (except Roger who admits he can’t quit because he is addicted to it.) says they can quit at anytime they wish they just choose not to. If that was the case why continue to do it?

I’m just curious and this isn’t meant to agitate you all. I know when people ask why don’t you quit you all get upset about that. I just want to know the real (truthful) reasons as to why.

Thanks in advance.

Didn't read the first 3 pages, but I quit cold turkey yesterday. Had smoked on and off for 15 years or so. I picked it up in college. Most I ever smoked was a pack a day of Marlboro (Reds in college -> mediums -> lights -> ultra lights). I enjoyed it, for whatever reason, but primarily because it was easier to continue smoking than go through what I am right now. I can't focus, my appetite is tripled, I crave candy bars, I'm tired, etc. I've done this before and I realize that Thursday will be much better, but right now I'm a damn maniac. I don't know what to do with my hands while driving. I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday and a guy in the next truck was smoking with his window open. The smell came blowing through my vent. Nice. I wanted to roll down the window and ask for one. I'm a wreck.

Anyone who says they can quit anytime has never tried. It's miserable.

Why am I quitting? Two reasons: 4yr old son and 2 yr old daughter. I can't believe I started again after my daughter was born (I quit while my wife was pregnant).

Oh yeah, that and I'm getting back into fight shape in case someone on Huddle flies up to my house to settle a difference of opinion. :D

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic