[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Let me ask you Smokers these questions

cliaz

The abstract from this journal article made me laugh at the TimCs of the world.

Who are you? The point is I don't worry what you do in the privacy of your home, why do you worry what I do? Move back to Cuba, commie.

The TimC's of the world are cruising around in their Vette with the mullet flying out the convertible not caring what the MojoMan's of the world think of them.

But thanks for your caring. I'd prefer you make me a sammich instead.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you? The point is I don't worry what you do in the privacy of your home, why do you worry what I do? Move back to Cuba, commie.

The TimC's of the world are cruising around in their Vette with the mullet flying out the convertible not caring what the MojoMan's of the world think of them.

But thanks for your caring. I'd prefer you make me a sammich instead.

I said earlier that I don't give a chit if you smoke and f()ck up your own health. Just don't toss your butts all over the place. And those journal articles (for what they're worth which is not much) made me think of you and your attitude toward smoking.

Smoke on brother :D

Don't forget to cut the crust off my sammich next time. :D

My butts are always disposed of properly. :D

When doctors and psychos stop killing people with their voodoo, I'll believe their wacky articles. Doctors no longer care about patients....just about how much money they can make off selling their crazy prescriptions that do more harm than good.

Guess I will finally chime in here.

I have been smoking regularly since I was 17.

I do not, and never have, thrown cigarettes out a car window. I use the car ashtray.

I don't throw them on the ground. I field strip them and place the filter in my pocket to be discarded later.

I don't blow smoke towards people and I try to be downwind so the smoke doesn't go their way. It doesn't matter if they are smokers or not, as there just isn't any reason to blow smoke at people.

I respect non-smoker requests. Don't smoke in other peoples cars, or houses, or whatever, if that is their request or I know that they are a non-smoker. For example, my daughter, who lives next door, doesn't allow smoking in her house.... and even though I own that house... I respect her wishes. Really not a problem doing that either.

I have no desire to quit. I enjoy smoking. I have always enjoyed smoking and see no time that I won't enjoy it. My Dr. doesn't even mention it any more.

I have never felt the need to lecture anyone on a habit they may have that might be considered counter-productive. You wanna F chickens, fine.... just don't do it when I am around. You don't want me to smoke in your house... fine, I won't. However... I have never understood the sanctimonious POS's that feel the need to lecture me on how to live my life. Especially those that have never even met me before. I don't blow smoke at them, they don't need to blow hot air at me. I am doing nothing illegal. So shut the F up with your lectures. At least that is what I want to tell them.... but I don't. Not me to do that.

This is a free country.... one is allowed to make their choice. And if it is legal others should keep their pie holes shut. I don't tell others how to live their life... they shouldn't tell me how to live mine.

Dang but my back hurts!

Don't forget to cut the crust off my sammich next time. :D

My butts are always disposed of properly. :D

When doctors and psychos stop killing people with their voodoo, I'll believe their wacky articles. Doctors no longer care about patients....just about how much money they can make off selling their crazy prescriptions that do more harm than good.

What's with the hostility? I did not get sanctimonius on your ass and I agree that people have the right to choose how to mess up their own bodies. I support your right to smoke and hope you enjoy lugging around your cylinder of oxygen a couple of decades from now.

When I was a intern, I had a frequent flyer end-stage COPDer. I'm sure she enjoyed her decades of smoking. Crap, when you think about it, what's a few years of suffocating until you die compared to the pleasure of decades of smoking. :D It's legal...enjoy yourself.

Guest Cherni

I have never felt the need to lecture anyone on a habit they may have that might be considered counter-productive. You wanna F chickens, fine.... just don't do it when I am around. You don't want me to smoke in your house... fine, I won't. However... I have never understood the sanctimonious POS's that feel the need to lecture me on how to live my life. Especially those that have never even met me before. I don't blow smoke at them, they don't need to blow hot air at me. I am doing nothing illegal. So shut the F up with your lectures. At least that is what I want to tell them.... but I don't. Not me to do that.

This is a free country.... one is allowed to make their choice. And if it is legal others should keep their pie holes shut. I don't tell others how to live their life... they shouldn't tell me how to live mine.

Dang but my back hurts!

:D:D

I take pride in having my sammich served by Redskins fans. :pumpschestout:

Cowboys fans still haven't figured out that it's not mayo on that sammich. :D

I see that you use the same scintillating intellect :D and extensive fund of specific knowledge to assess the medical system as you do in assessing the risks to your health due to smoking. :D

I see that you use the same scintillating intellect :D and extensive fund of specific knowledge to assess the medical system as you do in assessing the risks to your health due to smoking. :D

What's with the hostility? I did not get sanctimonius on your ass and I agree that people have the right to choose how to mess up their own bodies. I support your right to go see doctors and hope you enjoy lugging around your death pills he prescribes to you.

That's Cliaz's job. Why do you hate Redskins fans serving their superior Cowboys fans?

I take pride in having my sammich served by Redskins fans. :pumpschestout:

Oh so it's like that? Well let me enlighten you cowboys fans. You suck. There I said it. :D

Please tell me you don't have a mullet, TimC.

PS - mayo on tuna is just fine. Maybe even chicken breast sammich.

PPS - both of you suck for being cowboy fans in a redskins area.......traitors

Oh so it's like that? Well let me enlighten you cowboys fans. You suck. There I said it. :D

Please tell me you don't have a mullet, TimC.

PS - mayo on tuna is just fine. Maybe even chicken breast sammich.

PPS - both of you suck for being cowboy fans in a redskins area.......traitors

:D

My mullet eating Cliaz's sammich:

:D:D

Guess I will finally chime in here.

I have been smoking regularly since I was 17.

I do not, and never have, thrown cigarettes out a car window. I use the car ashtray.

I don't throw them on the ground. I field strip them and place the filter in my pocket to be discarded later.

I don't blow smoke towards people and I try to be downwind so the smoke doesn't go their way. It doesn't matter if they are smokers or not, as there just isn't any reason to blow smoke at people.

I respect non-smoker requests. Don't smoke in other peoples cars, or houses, or whatever, if that is their request or I know that they are a non-smoker. For example, my daughter, who lives next door, doesn't allow smoking in her house.... and even though I own that house... I respect her wishes. Really not a problem doing that either.

I have no desire to quit. I enjoy smoking. I have always enjoyed smoking and see no time that I won't enjoy it. My Dr. doesn't even mention it any more.

Good info here.

Think of how you feel when your internet connection goes down minutes before kickoff and you have to make a roster change. Multiply that by 100. :D

That's a good way to put it. I was trying to figure out how else to explain the feeling you get when you need a cigarette, but I like your description.

Problem is you can simply go to the store and 'fix' your craving. During your scenario with fantasy football you are chit out of luck.

Ever thought what a paradox it is that the smokers are the only ones that get to go outside and breathe fresh air every day instead of the recirculated A/C air? :D

It would be a paradox if you were out there actually breathing the fresh air and not sucking that nasty smoke into you lungs.

Perhaps I am. I always have gum or mints with me too to cover the breath thing. I smell purty.

Gum and mints do not cover smokers breath. :D The person I work the most closely with at work is a smoker. She pounds the gum and certs - she smells like a smoker that chews gum and eats mints. :D It's kinda like air fresheners in the can - all it does is make it smell like someone took a dump in a pine forest.

I recently lost my grandpa to emphasyma. He was 77. Not a short life my most accounts, but his mom is still alive and his dad lived well into his 90s. Smoking cost him maybe 15 years of living and 15 years of living in misery. I hated to see him going through that and I hate to see anyone I like - even chump friends on a message board subject themselves to that poison. You certainly have the right to smoke. I simply reserve the right to think you are stupid for doing so.

On a very personal note, I'd kill for healthy lungs. I have chronic asthma and run on about 50% of the lung capacity I should have. I don't take my lungs for granted and wish smokers wouldn't either. Once they're shot, they're shot and there's no getting them back. :D

To you smokers that don't flick your butts out the car window - thanks! Man that pisses me off! :D