[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice Thread

Flip_Side

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lineup and rules in sig.

I'm starting:

Bledsoe v Eagles

SJax v GNB

Gore v Oak

Harrison v Ten

LJ Smith v Dal

Here's my problem, what other 2 do I start? Only one can be a RB or 2 WR.

Jennings vs. STL - valuable with a banged up Favre?

Colston vs. TAM - continued success, even againt TAM?

Rhodes vs. TEN - will he have another good week against hapless titans?

DeAngelo vs. CLE - enough carries with Foster to make a difference?

My initial feeling is to go with Colston and Rhodes. Help needed! Thanks.

Jennings and Rhodes.

Cross-posted from a seperate thread:

My problem is similar to asabban's, without the caps or annoying avatar.

12 team head to head league, I need to start 2:

McGahee (tough matchup)

Cadillac (tough matchup)

Rhodes (nice matchup)

Jones-Drew (nice matchup)

Matchups aside I'd start McGahee and Cadillac, but this week I'm not so sure.

Scoring:

10yds rush = 1pt

10yds rec = 1pt

TD = 6pts

Rhodes and Caddy.

Rhodes will put up good yardage with a chance to score, easy this week Vs the Titans.

Caddy will get the ball a ton of times, Rookie QB starting means a lot of handoffs.

Good RB's this week for sure. I really think you gotta go Gore and Jordan. They have the better chance to rack up huge yardage and a likely chance of scoring. Parker will be good but he just doesn't have the matchups that Gore and Jordan have. Maroney also have a good matchup but he STILL does split carries. Gore and Jordan will have the better numbers at the end of the day.

Gore for league #2.

Gore and Jordan for league #3.

Geeze you love those RB's Gore, Jordan, FWP, and Maroney don't you?

Thanks, I was leaning the same way. BTW, I do like FWP, Gore, and Maroney (if Dillon will ever wear down) because of where they dropped to me in the draft, but did pass up McGahee and C. Talyor for Willie-don't know yet if that was such a good move. I got Jordan cheap in trades during the Raiders bye week, figuring he could help me at least last week and this week because of match-ups. I have Alexander in one league I've got to fill, and R. Johnson is on a bye in another.

Our teams are below. He needs some WR depth and I'd like upgrade at TE. Thinking maybe I can score Shockey on the cheap side, the owner's not happy with him.

Thinking Jennings and Watson for Shockey. Each week I pick and choose between Colston and Jennings so this would eliminate that and give me a better TE.

Another option if he'll go for it could be Jennings/Moulds/Watson for Shockey/Walker. I dont see him doing that cause even though he gets some depth at WR he loses his WR2 and downgrades at TE.

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Mike Bell, Thomas Jones, Jones-Drew

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Colston, Jennings, Moulds

TE – Watson

K – Lindell

DEF – Steelers, Chargers

His Team

QB – Pennington, Plummer

RB – Westbrook, Taylor, Addai, Chris Brown

WR – Steve Smith, Walker, Bennett, Troy Brown

TE – Shockey, Wiggins

K – Wilkins

DEF – Panthers, Saints

Jennings and Watson for Shockey? No way... Jennings will keep putting up numbers week in and week out. Watson is just like Shockey right now, not producing yet but will soon. I would stay put, you don't need Shockey that bad. I wouldn't do either trade.

Two Questions a WDIS and a "Should I drop?"

Grossman vs. Buff

or

Bledsoe vs. Philly

And

Gabriel is on the WW in my league

I have

Berrian

and

Antonio Bryant.

Should I drop either of them to get Berrian?

Bledsoe, should have a great game Vs a torn up Eagle secondary.

I'd drop Berrian for Gabriel. Brady like Gabriel and he's clearly his go to target. Berrian is a #2 and has Grossman at QB. I'd rather have Gabriel for sure...

Flip-

Need 1

Mushin vs. Bills

Braylon @ Carolina

Need 1

Bryant vs. Oakland

Chambers @ NE

Don't get all homer on me with Chambers...when is this guy gonna get it going? :D

I am trying to upgrade my WRs and also help myself get around my week 7 bye week blues by trying to trade with the team that has a good stock of WRs and Warner at QB.

He has for WRs - TO (28), A Johnson (60), Mushin (44), and Santana(50) we only start 3.

I was thinking I could offer him 4 different options, in paranthesis I have the fantasy pts scored so far this year.

Grossman(59) for Andre(60) - their pts in my league are almost identical

Bulger(36) for Mushin(44) - again number almost identical and it would give me the Grossman to Mushin connection

Jennings(39), Reggie Williams(48), Bulger(36) for Johnson(60) and Mushin(44)

Bulger(36), Boldin(44) or Keyshawn (48) for Johnson(60) and TO (28)

Thanks for the help. Just trying to see what can best help my team at WR and for the stretch.

I'd do the trade where you give Grossman for Andre. Andre is on the rise, and Carr absolutely loves him. I think Grossmans good games are behind him, I don't see him putting up great fantasy numbers consistanly the rest of the season.

I wouldn't trade Bulger for Muhsin. Bulger is a great fantasy QB and Muhsin just isnt worth it.

The third trade is an absolute NO. I would not give up rising stars like Jennings and Reggie Williams and Bulger on top of that just for Johnson and TO.

Bulger and Keyshawn for Johnson and TO would be pretty good. You would have 2 great WR's week in and week out.

I'd do the trade where you give Grossman for Andre. Andre is on the rise, and Carr absolutely loves him. I think Grossmans good games are behind him, I don't see him putting up great fantasy numbers consistanly the rest of the season.

I wouldn't trade Bulger for Muhsin. Bulger is a great fantasy QB and Muhsin just isnt worth it.

The third trade is an absolute NO. I would not give up rising stars like Jennings and Reggie Williams and Bulger on top of that just for Johnson and TO.

Bulger and Keyshawn for Johnson and TO would be pretty good. You would have 2 great WR's week in and week out.

He wants a RB. Thomas Jones. Would you trade Grossman and Jones for Johnson and TO. He will drop one of his scrubs or I can pick up Marion Barber off FA.

Also am I messing with my team to much?

WDIS this week

E. Manning vs Washington or M. Bulger @ GB (6 pts. per td. -3 pts. per int. 1 pt. per 25 yrds)

J. Shockey vs Washington or L. Smith vs Dallas

Indianapolis Defense vs Ten. or New England Defense vs Miami

Thanks in advance

Bulger Vs GB. Can't deny that incredible matchup, he should go crazy this weekend.

Smith Vs Dallas, with a lot of people on the Eagles offense banged up. Expect McNabb to look LJ's way quite a bit.

Go Indy for D, Young is starting at QB. He's bound to turn the ball over quite a bit.

Alex Smith or Brad Johnson

Deangelo williams or Ronnie Brown

Reggie Williams or Jennings

Go Smith for QB. If Frye can torch the Raiders, Smith should be able too also.

Go Ronnie Brown over DeAngelo. Brown will still get the ball quite a bit.

Go Jennings, great matchup.

Flip-

Need 1

Mushin vs. Bills

Braylon @ Carolina

Need 1

Bryant vs. Oakland

Chambers @ NE

Don't get all homer on me with Chambers...when is this guy gonna get it going? :D

Braylon Vs Carolina. They have been giving up quite a bit of yardage and Braylon has looked very good this season.

Also...

Bryant Vs Oakland, he should torch Oakland. Daunte has looked horrible and I don't expect him to have too good of a day Vs New England.

Another tough on for ya flip

need to start 3 at RB, standard scoring with PPR

S. Jackson @ GB

R. Brown @ NE

C. Taylor vs DET

L. Maroney vs MIA

F. Gore vs OAK

S. Jackson for sure, but the other two are really a toss up right now

Thanks in advance

Bledsoe, will need to air it out in order to beat the Eagles. He and T.O should have a monster day.

No, you gotta go Barber and Westbrook they are both studs when playing. Make sure to check injury reports on Westbrook though.

once again thanks flip, last question

which wr's, pick 1, do you think has the best chance.. all match ups stink

d. mason vs sd

j. cochery vs. jax

l. evans vs. chi

thanks

Pick 2

Boldin vs KC

Colston vs TB

Jennings vs STL

Never thought i'd sit Boldin but KC's D has me worried about Leinart.

also

Favre vs STL

Bulger @GB

STL has done poorly outdoors in the past, but still think I should go with Bulger.

thanks in advance.

Performance league: pts. per 20 yds rcvg/rushing, 50 yds passing, 6 for tds, 4 for tdps, negs for INTs and FLs

DEF gets pts for sacks, INTs, FRs, blocked kicks & pts allowed.

2 each plus 1 flex:

RB: Barber, Gore, K Jones, M Jones-Drew

WR: Holt, Jennings, Cotchery (opponent has Pennington), Re Williams, Evans

1 each:

QB: Favre

TE: Shockey

K: Hall (Feely and Scobee are available)

DEF: CAR (StL & MIA are available)

WDIS, standard scoring, no PPR

Need to start 2

W. Parker @ SD

W. McGahee @ CHI

T. Bell vs. BAL

F. Gore vs. OAK

Gore seems a good choice but the other 3 have terrible matchups, really tough choice

Thanks in advance

Gore is a must.

and Parker Vs SD would be your best bet to do anything fantasy wise. I think McGahee and Bell will be absolutely shutdown.

I have barlow on my bench and jamal lewis is available. Dump barlow for lewis???? standard performance scoring

I'd keep Barlow, he's getting the TD's right now. Lewis has done absolutely nothing, coaches in Baltimore said they are going to start giving M.Smith and M.Anderson more carries. That will hurt Lewis significantly.

I am currently carrying C. Taylor, Gore, and Westbrook. No handcuffs. I just picked up Morency because the guy I'm playing this week has Green.

Who has the better long-term potential? Morency or Buckhalter? I am leaning Buckhalter despite the fumbling vs. GB and it is looking more and more everyday that Westy will miss some significant time.

Thanks, Flip.

Another tough on for ya flip

need to start 3 at RB, standard scoring with PPR

S. Jackson @ GB

R. Brown @ NE

C. Taylor vs DET

L. Maroney vs MIA

F. Gore vs OAK

S. Jackson for sure, but the other two are really a toss up right now

Thanks in advance

Jackson

Gore

Maroney

It was basically Maroney Vs Taylor for the last spot. I think Maroney is your best bet for a TD and should rack up good yardage Vs a MIA team who is giving up a ton.