[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MLB Playoff Thread

broncosn05

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well!! Another fairweather/bandwagon fan wants to chime in!! Where were you yesterday :D, or the day before, or the day before that - before they clinched? Oh yeah.. You weren't a fan yet, just a tool..

There's no room for you in this forum. :wacko:

so, just out of curiosity, i went back and looked at how many posts this pathetic little dousch had made pertaining to the dbags in this forum this season before their playoff run. the grand total, ZERO. :D

so, just out of curiosity, i went back and looked at how many posts this pathetic little dousch had made pertaining to the dbags in this forum this season before their playoff run. the grand total, ZERO. :D

Throughout the season, I didnt have anything to gripe about. And I've been here more than just this post (or my previous ones) supporting my dbacks, or dbags as you prefer. The WHOLE point I was trying to make about 80 posts ago was Denver has always been a football town, and the Rookies did not have the fan support throughout the season, and now that they're winning, EVERYONE in colorado is all the sudden a "die hard" Rookies fan.. They were a hockey town ONLY when the Avalanche were halfway decent - which further supports my point of a fairweather/bandwagon town. And as for the Nuggets, how many fans did they have before A.I. came to town - or furthermore - before they drafted Carmelo?? NOT MANY! Which brings me back to the Rookies. Before they started this 21 of 22 streak, I'd be willing to bet they only had maybe 50% of the fan support they do now, and of that 50%, NO ONE was jaw jackin, cause outside of Holiday, there was nothing to talk about at the beginning of September. I mean they were 7 games out!! I just did some research.. Check this out:

The day AFTER opening day April 3rd, what was their home attendance? 20,547 - or not even half of what the stadium holds..

First home game in May?? 20,120.. Coincidence??

First home game in June - 22,265..

Fourth of July weekend - July 2nd - 27,252..

Go to August 8th. Still ok with a shot at the division - 26,613.

September 4th - 7 GAMES OUT OF FIRST!! - 20,553..

September 9th - 20,260..

Septermber 16th - First game of the "streak" - 19,161..

A few days later - September 20th - 23,147..

:wacko:NOW - check out these BANDWAGON stats!!!

Septermber 30th - LAST game of the season - has playoff implications - 46,375 - DIDNT EVEN SELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

October 1st - 1 game playoff - 48,404

Oh wait.. they made the playoff's - 1st Postseason home game - 50,724.

Now, PLEASE take the time to tell me how this does not spell FAIRWEATHER fans!?!?!? YOU CANT you f'ng TOOL!!! The #'s speak volumes and back up my point!!!

So, you're NOT going to convince me that the Rooks had this "all mighty" fan base before they made their nice streak. And once AGAIN, this is NOT A KNOCK ON THE ROOKS! They are doing some amazing things! They've played their way to the top, and are the NL representatives in the fall classic. So why dont we just agree to disagree, and I can continue to be a pathetic little dousch, and you can go back to being a catcher of your mans man juice and stop sticking your crusty nose where it doesn't belong.

Throughout the season, I didnt have anything to gripe about. And I've been here more than just this post (or my previous ones) supporting my dbacks, or dbags as you prefer. The WHOLE point I was trying to make about 80 posts ago was Denver has always been a football town, and the Rookies did not have the fan support throughout the season, and now that they're winning, EVERYONE in colorado is all the sudden a "die hard" Rookies fan.. They were a hockey town ONLY when the Avalanche were halfway decent - which further supports my point of a fairweather/bandwagon town. And as for the Nuggets, how many fans did they have before A.I. came to town - or furthermore - before they drafted Carmelo?? NOT MANY! Which brings me back to the Rookies. Before they started this 21 of 22 streak, I'd be willing to bet they only had maybe 50% of the fan support they do now, and of that 50%, NO ONE was jaw jackin, cause outside of Holiday, there was nothing to talk about at the beginning of September. I mean they were 7 games out!! I just did some research.. Check this out:

The day AFTER opening day April 3rd, what was their home attendance? 20,547 - or not even half of what the stadium holds..

First home game in May?? 20,120.. Coincidence??

First home game in June - 22,265..

Fourth of July weekend - July 2nd - 27,252..

Go to August 8th. Still ok with a shot at the division - 26,613.

September 4th - 7 GAMES OUT OF FIRST!! - 20,553..

September 9th - 20,260..

Septermber 16th - First game of the "streak" - 19,161..

A few days later - September 20th - 23,147..

:wacko:NOW - check out these BANDWAGON stats!!!

Septermber 30th - LAST game of the season - has playoff implications - 46,375 - DIDNT EVEN SELL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

October 1st - 1 game playoff - 48,404

Oh wait.. they made the playoff's - 1st Postseason home game - 50,724.

Now, PLEASE take the time to tell me how this does not spell FAIRWEATHER fans!?!?!? YOU CANT you f'ng TOOL!!! The #'s speak volumes and back up my point!!!

So, you're NOT going to convince me that the Rooks had this "all mighty" fan base before they made their nice streak. And once AGAIN, this is NOT A KNOCK ON THE ROOKS! They are doing some amazing things! They've played their way to the top, and are the NL representatives in the fall classic. So why dont we just agree to disagree, and I can continue to be a pathetic little dousch, and you can go back to being a catcher of your mans man juice and stop sticking your crusty nose where it doesn't belong.

and yet, they had better attendance during the regular season than your beloved dbags. you havent addressed that point yet, have you?

how many all-time attendance records did your dbags set while losing 90 games? did your dbag fans ever lead all of MLB in attendance for 8 straight years? because the rockies did, and in that whole 8 year span i think they had one, maybe two seasons above .500.

of all the vile little internet twerps to be talking schit about "bandwagon fans", you should be the last. arizona cardinals, anyone? :D you have no brain, and even less class. the AZ sports scene has got to be one of the biggest collective bandwagons in the country...show me ONE example of an AZ team that has had wide public support and enthusiasm when they sucked. just one. you can't do it, can you?

arizona cardinals, anyone? :D

No kidding. I went to two games in Phoenix back in '97, one against the Cowboys which was won by Arizona with a last second OT FG and the other against the Vikings. In both cases, the stadium looked like it was in Dallas / Minnesota, such was the support ratio.

Hey Shorty, the playoffs are over for AZ, you can step down off the bandwagon now.

Sheesh. This is embarrassing for you.

If I were such a bangwagon fan, why would I still be here? Will you still be here when "your" Rookies lose in the WS??

Edited by Shorttynaz

No kidding. I went to two games in Phoenix back in '97, one against the Cowboys which was won by Arizona with a last second OT FG and the other against the Vikings. In both cases, the stadium looked like it was in Dallas / Minnesota, such was the support ratio.

10 years ago dude.. I haven't lived here that long.

If I were such a bangwagon fan, why would I still be here?

Because you're a masochist? :D

Will you still be here when "your" Rookies lose in the WS??

This argument would be more satisfying if you could actually read.

If all goes according to what I want, the Rockies WILL lose the World Series. :D

Edited by AtomicCEO

because you're a particularly whiny sore loser? :D

hey shooooooorty...

Nice

And to call me a sore loser IMO is a little far fetched. I was never disputing the fact that the Rookies were the better team. I've said it at least 6 times alerady in this post that they outplayed the dbags - as you like to refer to them. The only thing I ever started to dispute was the fact that it was rather humerous to me to see how many Rookies fans there are now that they are cruising through the playoffs. I also will be cheering for the Rookies in the WS (although I dont give them much of a chance regardless of who they face), however I am not going to come out and claim I'm a die hard fan like some people here have when the team started winning and won a playoff berth. I am still not convinced and wont be convinced that they had this big of a fan base throughout this whole past season - which is what my whole argument was the entire time..

Edited by Shorttynaz

You said "I give the Rockies their due", and then followed it up with 1000 words insinuating that they don't deserve it.

Stop whining. Just shut your mouth until next year like all the other losers.

As for you, I'm STILL trying to find that 1000 word post about how I insulted the Rooks and how they dont deserve it. If you could please help me find that, it would be appreciated. I've just read through each post I laid out on this thread. Any of them with any mention of the Rooks are all about how they did play well, and they have given you fans something to cheer about. I"m DONE arguing about this with you 3 fans who call yourselves die hards who have have taken my opinion of the fan base there as a personal insult. I'm just simply saying, regardless of the past numbers, this years numbers are what is relevant to my argument. A few posts back, I laid out the numbers. They're official attendence records of the games. I mean how can you tell me that there aren't any fairweather fans there when the sold JUST over 19,000 tickets to a game in the second half of September when there are less than 2 weeks left to play. Then all of the sudden when they are a game out of the playoff hunt to end the season they're all the sudden selling 48,000 tickets!?!? There is no argument on your side, and this is not me being bitter, or a sore loser!! You and AZjello both somehow both took this argument of mine as to someone who is bitter and a sore loser... Go back and read my first post. It was a post about how the Rooks deserve it, and me congratulating the team and their fans. But then I also pointed out that I thought that it was funny on how now we have all of these so called die hard lifetime Rookies fans coming out and telling me that the Rooks have a huge fan base and all of this support when a few weeks ago they only sold maybe a 3rd of all available seats.. To have the single season attendance record (it wasn't this year) and sell the most tickets for 8 years in a row (early-mid 90's) does not pertain or is not at all relevant to me saying that the team didnt have much fan support this year. Anyway, I'm done. Say what you want or wish, but as for this topic I'm done. I'll be back in the WS thread. Later - and good luck Rooks.

Edited by Shorttynaz

As for you, I'm STILL trying to find that 1000 word post about how I insulted the Rooks and how they dont deserve it. If you could please help me find that, it would be appreciated. I've just read through each post I laid out on this thread. Any of them with any mention of the Rooks are all about how they did play well, and they have given you fans something to cheer about. I"m DONE arguing about this with you 3 fans who call yourselves die hards who have have taken my opinion of the fan base there as a personal insult. I'm just simply saying, regardless of the past numbers, this years numbers are what is relevant to my argument. A few posts back, I laid out the numbers. They're official attendence records of the games. I mean how can you tell me that there aren't any fairweather fans there when the sold JUST over 19,000 tickets to a game in the second half of September when there are less than 2 weeks left to play. Then all of the sudden when they are a game out of the playoff hunt to end the season they're all the sudden selling 48,000 tickets!?!? There is no argument on your side, and this is not me being bitter, or a sore loser!! You and AZjello both somehow both took this argument of mine as to someone who is bitter and a sore loser... Go back and read my first post. It was a post about how the Rooks deserve it, and me congratulating the team and their fans. But then I also pointed out that I thought that it was funny on how now we have all of these so called die hard lifetime Rookies fans coming out and telling me that the Rooks have a huge fan base and all of this support when a few weeks ago they only sold maybe a 3rd of all available seats.. To have the single season attendance record (it wasn't this year) and sell the most tickets for 8 years in a row (early-mid 90's) does not pertain or is not at all relevant to me saying that the team didnt have much fan support this year. Anyway, I'm done. Say what you want or wish, but as for this topic I'm done. I'll be back in the WS thread. Later - and good luck Rooks.

Whoa whoa whoa... Organize your crazy, Shorty. I ain't reading all that.