[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tennessee

BS Miscreant

I like Lane,but really I see this as a bit of a reach for the Vols. I mean Lane is a unproven coach in my book. Lane was with USC Carroll and Chow(there or not) had more to do with Lane then Lane did.

I think this was a quick panic button push. I guess the argument could be made that recruiting was a issue and a decision should be made, however I think if they waited till after the bowl season they could have maybe gotten a seasoned coach that fit Tenn. program a little better.

I do think Lane could be a solid coach and NO ONE can be good coach in Oakland with that old crazy AL.

Rumour has Monte Kiffin joining his son as DC

If that's true, that would be great. I'm really excited about this. Pearl brought a whole new level of excitement to the hoops program and I see the combo of a bright young coach with his venerable father running the D as a massive shot in the arm for a program that has been on listless auto-pilot for some time.

There's been a palpable level of apathy surrounding this program for some time and this could change that.

• 3 weeks later...
I think that this will turn out to be a great move for Tennessee and will return the Vols to elite status within a couple years. Monte will be a difference maker in Knoxville!

Hopefully the family ties thing ends with dad, though. Word from friends who follow the program is that there were other brothers and in-laws joining as well. Enough is enough.