[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas baseball fans

SLAYER

Losing game 1 like Texas did, probably causes them to press tonight, and when you hit for the fence, you either pop up or going down swinging.

Have to think LSU is going to be the looser team tonight, and I agree with Tbimm, I think this ends tonight.

Heres hoping for a 3rd game, just because I want to see more of this. I have no rooting interest in this series.

Though this time next yr, I may be forced to root for Texas in baseball only, as my buddies kid is going to be a 2 way player there, pitcher and 1B, if he doesnt sign with the Pirates. And his best friend and another stud pitcher/1B, signed with OU on the same day, so that is going to be fun to watch in the Big 12 next season.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Early yet and both teams seem aliitle tight.

Yup.

I was just heading here to comment on the sloppy play thus far. I could see Ross getting chased early. He doesn't seem to be fooling anyone up to now.

LOL he didn't even come out to start the 3rd.

Edited by tbimm

TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... has dominated the series, and a poor decision by the manager to pull the closer who was lights out with 1 down in the 9th, cost TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... a National Championship. But then again, thats why you play the game. Props to LSU for keeping game 1 close enough to take advantage of that monumental mistake, and bring the lumber out in game 3.

LSU's big pitchers look like they are used up.

They are going to need the bats tonight.

we need to get to the eighth with the lead and give it to Manny, then I'll feel better.

:wacko::D:D:D:D

Congrats to the LSU Tigers 2009 Baseball National Champion

as the sign said We like our oysters and Championships by the half dozen.(what a great sign)

I am an LSU fan and in all honesty this is not far off. If not for a couple of bad decisions by the Tx manager they probably win game 1.

Eh. I'm on the fence. They were decisions he had to made in a 3-games-in-3-nights series. They turned OUT to be the wrong choices, more or less, but you can't fault him for them too much.

LSU is a balanced team with sick bats. Even great pitching gets lit up every now and then. UT's bats surely heated up in these games and made it interesting, but in the end it was just too much LSU balance and run-producing-ability.

Eh. I'm on the fence. They were decisions he had to made in a 3-games-in-3-nights series. They turned OUT to be the wrong choices, more or less, but you can't fault him for them too much.

LSU is a balanced team with sick bats. Even great pitching gets lit up every now and then. UT's bats surely heated up in these games and made it interesting, but in the end it was just too much LSU balance and run-producing-ability.

One decision in particular was horrible. How on earth do you throw an off speed pitch to Matook? The guy was so late on every fastball he saw in that sequence and nails the slider into right center for an RBI. I agree with the commentator last night who said that sometimes the pitchers know better than the manager what is going to get the hitter out. This case was an example.

One decision in particular was horrible. How on earth do you throw an off speed pitch to Matook? The guy was so late on every fastball he saw in that sequence and nails the slider into right center for an RBI. I agree with the commentator last night who said that sometimes the pitchers know better than the manager what is going to get the hitter out. This case was an example.

I was talking about Garrido's somewhat-questionable decisions in the later part of Game 1. But yeah, I agree, they should give the battery out there more of a say in the pitches thrown.