[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Draft Commentary "Thread"

Chief Dick

Don't get me wrong, the Gerhart picks looks like a very good one. Just not impressed with the move down and don't get the guy you wanted (rumors only of course) and then move up and give up a 3rd like that. Alot to pay. Just doesn't seem like they worked the draft so well. But time will tell. Someone on another board posted the Vikings 2005 draft with Williamson etc and Kiper I believe it was gave us an A or something. Turned out to be a hugh bust of a draft. You never know.

I find it interesting that they took players in the later rounds to experiment with. They picked a QB to try him at WR in Webb. They grabbed a LB because they think he can play FB. (Bye Tahi.)

It's almost like they believe the team is so set they can get a bit cute with their picks.

I hope everyone of these guys proves me wrong.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beyond all that, several teams that were interested in Toby talked about converting him to fullback. I would think that if teams think he can play fullback, that poor blocking was not something they were concerned about. :wacko:

Straight ahead fullback blocking is vastly different than pass-blocking, which is what I was referring to. :tup:

Chester was a VERY capable blocker and receiving back. With the offense that Minny runs, I am surprised they went with more of an old school "power back" that has a thin resume for receiving. I would think that if the Vikes were concerned with "replacing" chester with a similar back (clearly they are not, and quite possibly changing) then ben tate would have been the pick with his receiving skills.

Time will tell . . . .:tup:

Straight ahead fullback blocking is vastly different than pass-blocking, which is what I was referring to. :wacko:

Chester was a VERY capable blocker and receiving back. With the offense that Minny runs, I am surprised they went with more of an old school "power back" that has a thin resume for receiving. I would think that if the Vikes were concerned with "replacing" chester with a similar back (clearly they are not, and quite possibly changing) then ben tate would have been the pick with his receiving skills.

Time will tell . . . .:tup:

I could see alot more passes to Harvin out of the backfield to take up some of the slack from losing Taylor. Give Percy the ball in a little space and let him scoot down the field.