[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Draft Commentary "Thread"

Chief Dick

I just feel like we've got that kind of player in Freeney and Mathis. We needed another OT. Or an outside LB. Or a CB. At safety we have Fragile Bob Sanders and Bethea and Bullitt will be unrestricted free agents after this season. Lot of holes to fill, IMO. Taking a third DE wasn't high on my list. But I never am thrilled with who the Colts pick. So what do I know?

I'm liking the Colts draft a lot better. Taking LB Pat Angerer in the second round and CB Kevin Thomas in the third provide a lot of depth. I'd still like to see them snag a couple offensive linemen, a safety, and a KICK RETURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even a true fullback . . .

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many are freaked out, confused or annoyed by the Broncos draft, but I am loving it.

We got our center of the future in Walton, picked up a OT who'll be an OG in Zane Beadles and picked up two outstanding prospect WRs in DThomas and Eric Decker... both big kids who have a serious "my ball" mentality while in the air. Decker reportedly is a slower Fitz... great body control while going for the ball with good routes and soft hands. Kenny McKinley, notice served kid.

Very happy!

(I think I'm one of few who believe that DEN did enough in FA to have the DEF in the top 10 range.)

The pure definition of homerism. I love you Donkey fans lmao.

I know many are freaked out, confused or annoyed by the Broncos draft, but I am loving it.

We got our center of the future in Walton, picked up a OT who'll be an OG in Zane Beadles and picked up two outstanding prospect WRs in DThomas and Eric Decker... both big kids who have a serious "my ball" mentality while in the air. Decker reportedly is a slower Fitz... great body control while going for the ball with good routes and soft hands. Kenny McKinley, notice served kid.

Very happy!

(I think I'm one of few who believe that DEN did enough in FA to have the DEF in the top 10 range.)

Agree 100%

If I keep this up, I may become an honorary Broncos fan. I openly root for a Packers/Broncos super bowl as long as McD is in town.

RB that is always injured in some way. Moreno and JStew :wacko:

:tup:

Quick...show me the game that Stew has missed in the last 2 years. And yep, I got your boy Moreno who you requested a trade for (an unbelievably low-ball offer btw :tup: )

I'm not trying to be controversial. GB has 4 good WRs, 2-3 good TEs, and with a pass catching RB or two, Rodgers will have lots of options.

I dunno, Jennings has almost no reason to not produce for the 2nd year in a row...

and Finley should thrive even in a 2TE set...

I'm liking the Colts draft a lot better. Taking LB Pat Angerer in the second round and CB Kevin Thomas in the third provide a lot of depth. I'd still like to see them snag a couple offensive linemen, a safety, and a KICK RETURNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe even a true fullback . . .

The OT who went right after Angerer was the pick there IMO but at least for ONCE Polian is serious about drafting D. If he'd followed that more in the past we might not need D so much now (as we do ever year). :wacko:

I can't spin the Quarless pick in a good light. He's a character issue and is lazy. Nevermind he's a position that's isn't a need. Havner and Lee are more than serviceable asthe 2 and 3 TE.

Thanks for not addressing the corner spot. I pray Ted has something up his sleeve, because Al Harris might not be ready to go, or be what he was prior to the injury, and TramonWilliams and Jerret Bush are dumpster fires.

I can't spin the Quarless pick in a good light. He's a character issue and is lazy. Nevermind he's a position that's isn't a need. Havner and Lee are more than serviceable asthe 2 and 3 TE.

Thanks for not addressing the corner spot. I pray Ted has something up his sleeve, because Al Harris might not be ready to go, or be what he was prior to the injury, and TramonWilliams and Jerret Bush are dumpster fires.

GB needs heading into the draft

OT Bulaga

OG

CB

S Burnett

KR

P

Neal better be a monster. And Quarless might be a good player... But why draft a position of strength when you could be filling up shallow spots on the team... I fear seeing Detroit/Chicago/Minny with Tramon Williams and Bush in the slot. I guess they plan on Collins and Woodson covering multiple players.

fast pick...

Chris DeGeare OG Wake Forest...whoever that is...

wow...sounds awesome...

Overview

DeGeare is a physically gifted lineman who has struggled with the mental aspects of the game as well as college. He missed the 2008 season by being academically ineligible and is not aware of twists, stunts and games up front by the defensive linemen. He can be quick out of his stance but often ends up getting behind on blocks because he is late to react to movement. He appears to wear down during the course of most games and may need to loose some weight in order to improve his conditioning.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe