[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Official" Draft Commentary "Thread"

Chief Dick

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont havea problem with the player, as I was against JenningsandCollins at the time, but is the defensive line really something that needs to be adressed thisearly>?

Well, GB WAS short when a DL went down. Right now they've got an OK four-man rotation - Jenkins and Jolly at DE, Pickett at NT, and Raji playing swing; this gives them a 5th guy.

It makes sense, but this guy would've been there later.

Depth is nice, but when you have gaping holes elsewhere...

I don't know that GB has any "gaping" holes anywhere; even DB picks would essentially be depth at this point. LOLB will be fine if Brad Jones keeps doing what he was doing. About the only place I can think of where a preferred starter absolutely NEEDS to be replace is LG.

isnt Jolly still in trouble for that drug arrest? Perhaps hedging their bets on a possible suspension?

Jolly's baggage - not to mention both he and Jenkins will be FAs after this season.

I don't know that GB has any "gaping" holes anywhere; even DB picks would essentially be depth at this point. LOLB will be fine if Brad Jones keeps doing what he was doing. About the only place I can think of where a preferred starter absolutely NEEDS to be replace is LG.

Daryn Colledge.

Cornerback/Tramon Williams.

We can't expect 35 year old Al Harris to come back to anything close to himself after his knee injury. McCarthy has said his knee injury and progress is similar to what Tausch went through last year. The Cardinals/Steelers/VikingsX2 threw the ball all over the place.

Looks like Slaton is back to 3rd down back ? Ben Tate to Houston. I made a huge mistake passing up trading Slaton in the off season could have got a ton for the kid.

So, you could have gotten a ton for an undersized fumble prone RB who at worst lost his starting job, and at best became part of a RBBC last year. You already made a mistake before the NFL draft. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked

Considering that the Panthers didn't have a first round pick this year, I like what we've done so far.

Second Round

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame, 6’3”, 223 lbs., 4.76 forty

Third Round

Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU, 6’3”, 195 lbs., 4.50 forty

So, you could have gotten a ton for an undersized fumble prone RB who at worst lost his starting job, and at best became part of a RBBC last year. You already made a mistake before the NFL draft. :wacko:

I was talking about before last season. When you know everyone had Slaton as a top 10 overall pick in the 2009 Fantasy Football league drafts.

Obviously once this year played out things have changed alot.

Why did the Panthers trade a 2011 second round pick for Armanti Edwards? They ddin't need another QB. I think he's a good athlete, but that was too much to pay.

mayock just explained on NFLN that is pretty much the way the premium works if you want to deal a pick from the next draft...want to get a 3rd this year expect to pay a 2nd ....want a 4 this year expect to pay a 3rd etc....Also said they expect Edwards to be used at receiver to start

mayock just explained on NFLN that is pretty much the way the premium works if you want to deal a pick from the next draft...want to get a 3rd this year expect to pay a 2nd ....want a 4 this year expect to pay a 3rd etc....Also said they expect Edwards to be used at receiver to start

Yep. A hand in the bush is worth two on the bird.