[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening Sunday Food

Chief Dick

So this Sunday I'm going to be smoking 2 pork shoulders Kalua Pig style. I've posted the recipe here before, so if anyone wants to try it here you go.

Should be good stuff. Lots of beer, the weather in KC on Sunday is supposed to be beautiful. Might even move the TV outside and watch the game on the patio next to the smoker.

:brew:

• Like 1

Think I'm going to do brats in the crock simmering with either a brown ale or a porter.

another use for that bier!

simmer the brats in that bier with finely sliced onions (3) for an hour or 2. remove the brats to just finish on the grill. drain until you have about 2-3 cups left and save all onions. add some dry mustard (or mustard seed) and honey. over high heat reduce bier/onions to about 1/2 - 1 cup (should be somewhat thick). serve this as a relish.

Think I'm going to do brats in the crock simmering with either a brown ale or a porter.

got the brats and a Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale. Also a very large onion and some veggies with blue cheese Marzetti's and a bag of the Snyder's buffalo hot wing pretzel pieces.

I did buy the growler of Southern Tier's Pumking as well to wash it down with.

I did my thing on Saturday...

Just regular old chicken wings.

I'll do a low country boil here in a few weeks for the UGA/USC game.

For those who don't know:

BIG POT full of water on a burner hooked up to a propane tank.

Shrimp

Crawfish

Andouille Sausage

Corn

Red Potatoes

Lots of Tony Chachere's dumped in the water.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Missed this thread. On Sunday I did loaded potato skins, queso, and wings. The wings were the interesting part. I've been exclusively doing wings on the grill lately, but I've had problems with flame ups because of the fat drippings. So, I incorporated Alton Brown's technique of a 10 minute steam to render out some of the fat, then an hour in the fridge on a cooling rack to let the skins dry out. Then I grilled them to give charcoal flavor and crisp up the skins. Worked out great. Nice grill flavor, crispy skin and no flame ups.