[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

12 team league questions (transition from 10 team)

XFlash

My league uses MFL.

10 team has great benefits to scheduling and rivals, but the league voted to bump it to 12.  This league has been together since '96 (newspaper stat days).

Can those that use share your rules and schedule for 12 team? And/or any concerns when you started a 12 team or moved up to a 12 team?

I think the Waivers/Free Agency is probably the most important.  Owners want less light a weekly fantasy situation, but at the same time to give the hurting team (due to injury, suspension, crap luck) the most opportunities to improve their team.  Keeper leagues (partial) you have to build and manage your team well, but it sucks if you got off to tough losses and give up before half the season is over.

We do not have that problem, but I am just hedging my bets.

Thank you all in advance for any opinions.

Scheduling - standard 13 week regular season, 3 divisions of 4 teams, play each team in your division twice, then all but one of the remaining teams. We used to have 2 divisions of 6, played division twice each then only half the other division. We like this better, you play almost every team (could do a double header one week so play all teams).

As for waivers/free agency we use waiver order reset to reverse of standings each week. First waiver run is Wed AM, those clearing waivers are free agents. I'd like to see us move to something that rewards people who don't churn waivers as much, like resetting the order every 2-3 weeks (so if I had #1 waiver pick but don't use it I still have #1 next week).

We expanded from 12-16 at one point, and went back to 12 after 2-3 years.

excellent suggestions!

Double-header; I have heard this, but never seen it setup.

I'm assuming I could go 2 divisions (4x play and hit everyone else outside division 1x vs just half)?

Blind Bid waivers; each team set with certain amount of $$ for bid for the season? For the week? For each half of regular season?

For the season, as it adds the strategy of managing how to spend your cap throughout the year.  My local redraft/keepers do hybrid, Blind Bid Waivers run around 2AM on Wednesday then it opens up to First Come First Serve till the start of games on Sunday.