[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QBs

Roughrider401

Same answer as in your Advide Forum thread - the answer depends on your league setup - lineup, scoring, owner draft tendencies etc.

The answer is different for a 2 QB league, for a smaller/larger league, for a league with unique QB scoring, for a league with larger non-QB lineups, for a league with owners that tend to go QB early/late. There is no cookie cutter answer.

3 hours ago, Roughrider401 said:

How early are you guys drafting them? We all know the big three Rodgers, Brady, Brees but after that flip a coin. Just wondering anyone taking one second round?

Here you go http://www.thehuddle.com/2013/articles/sg-0718-dissecting-quarterback-value-in-fantasy-football.php

• Like 1

Ok, gonna throw a wrench into the mix. What happens when QBs get 6 pts for TDs? Does it change how you would pick? My homer league has this set up and Rodgers, Brady, Brees, will likley be gone within the first round and a half in  our 10 man league. 

2 hours ago, heehawks said:

Ok, gonna throw a wrench into the mix. What happens when QBs get 6 pts for TDs? Does it change how you would pick? My homer league has this set up and Rodgers, Brady, Brees, will likley be gone within the first round and a half in  our 10 man league. 

It changes how I rank my QBs but it does not change where I draft my QBs.  It doesn't make a big enough difference for me to change my draft strategy.

Let them take QBs super early while you take advantage of all the great players that fall to you.  I got Rivers in the 12th round in my 10 team league that gives 6 points for passing TDs.  Doesn't matter much.

Edited by Hawkeye21
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HowboutthemCowboys said:

Paging Big Country and Stats...

4 hours ago, heehawks said:

Short answer: NO

On 8/25/2017 at 2:58 PM, heehawks said:

The change in value is so minimal that it does not change how I value QBs in overall draft strategy. As Hawkeye alluded to, it devalues running QBs as they are no longer getting a premium for their rushing TDs, which is usually a major factor in their value.

3 hours ago, soopanuts said:

Grabbed Ryan in the 7th (8 spot) in a 12 team. 5th taken after big 3 and Wilson. Waiting works but his playoff schedule just looks so good...

I'm not sure I would draft based on playoff schedule.  If you have two players ranked the same then I may use that as a tie breaker but there is just way too much that is going ot happen during the season before the playoff.  Drafting should be focused on the start of the season and on players who should play well all year, the rest will all depend on management.

On 8/27/2017 at 0:41 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

I'm not sure I would draft based on playoff schedule.  If you have two players ranked the same then I may use that as a tie breaker but there is just way too much that is going ot happen during the season before the playoff.  Drafting should be focused on the start of the season and on players who should play well all year, the rest will all depend on management.

I expect Ryan to play top 5 ball again this year. Yes, a lot can change but that schedule made it easy to grab him there.