[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Freeman for Hopkins?

phinsfan44

I have way too many RBs-Ajayi, Freeman, D.Martin, Kareem Hunt, Abdullah and Chris Thompson. I have a bye week for a few guys this week, including 2 WR and a QB. Trading an RB for a WR would solve my problems, but no one's biting. The Hopkins owner is in need of an RB after Cook went down, but he'll only part with Hopkins. What do you think?

You may have too many RBs, but Hunt and Freeman are your studs, I would not want to trade either of them.  Ajayi may still get you some return because of the hype, but his team is a mess and really only had 3 big games last year.  Martin is a question til we see him on the field, Abdullah disappears too often, and Thompson is too big play dependent as a part time back.  I'd rather take a flyer on a WR for one week than to have to gamble on which of your RBs to play week in and week out.

Thanks - I could probably trade Ajayi, I'm just not sure I trust him less than Freeman. I'm a Dolphins fan, so I watch the games. He's performing well, just sucks he's getting hit 3 yds behind the line. Anyway, you're probably right about trading him away. I tried to get Jordy from him, but he wants Hunt - and that's not happening

If he would do Ajayi for Hopkins straight up I would take that in a heartbeat. As an owner of both and someone who has had two people interested in both of them, I told the guy interested in Hopkins to hit the road and was happy someone would take Ajayi. With Watson throwing to him I think Hopkins can be a top 5 WR. The Dolphins offense worries me a lot with Ajayi. I have a feeling he has his max value right now as some people still think he can perform.

I have no worries Ajayi can perform if his knee holds up. But with no run blocking, you can be as good as you want and it won't matter for fantasy. I ended up trading Ajayi and Thompson for Hopkins. His two RBs were Cook and Lynch. So-he just upgraded for sure lol

14 minutes ago, phinsfan44 said:

I have no worries Ajayi can perform if his knee holds up. But with no run blocking, you can be as good as you want and it won't matter for fantasy. I ended up trading Ajayi and Thompson for Hopkins. His two RBs were Cook and Lynch. So-he just upgraded for sure lol

And you got the target king with upside that he has a legit gamer at QB.  

• Like 1

I did a trade recently for Hopkins and gave up Howard.

I think you did good. Hopkins is back to form with a QB who can actually utilize him.

I feel like I gave up a tad much, but Howard was my 4th RB in a league where 3 max can start and I needed a WR.

Edited by Rbgb
  • Like 1

As a Hopkins and Freeman owner, I would not have traded Freeman for him. Hopkins is gonna be good this year and I’m excited for it, but Freeman is just too good to let go of. Maybe it’s just that my other RB is McCoy and he’s been slow to start the year, but Freeman feels like a top 5 RB. I’d maybe try Martin before the hype wears off? 

• Like 1