[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huge Jordy Nelson Trade

AWindsor

I trade away Jordy and Gronk, and receive Fitzgerald, CJ Anderson, and Duke Johnson Jr. This is a PPR league.

Here’s my team:

RBs: M. Gordon, Lynch, A. Ellington, C. Ivory

WRs: Jordy, Crabtree, Shepard, Funchess, Watkins

TEs: Gronk and Graham

Part of me thinks that Jordy will suffer a significant setback without Rodgers, but I could also see him being a great PPR play since Hundley will be throwing a lot of short passes. Also, is the downgrade from Gronk to Graham worth getting Anderson? Lynch isn’t performing like we thought he would and I desperately need a RB2. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Nope. Gronk is one of 3 top TE1s and Nelson is still a high to mid WR2. I don't think you're getting enough quality in the return to make it worth it. The owner is trying to make you think Johnson plus Anderson equals Gronk but it doesn't work like that since you'd have to factor in your current RB2 and your replacement TE into the calculus. So the question is whether to downgrade to Graham at TE is worth the upgrade from Lynch to Anderson at RB2. 

On 10/18/2017 at 9:19 AM, LeonardPart6 said:

Personally I think that's trade rape.  I wouldn't do it.

Edit:  Maybe counter and offer him Graham instead of Gronk and I'd reconsider it.

I clicked Like, but that doesn't mean I like trade rape.  It just means I agree with you.  I actually traded Jordy FOR Gronk in another league this year.