[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2018 NFL Draft

Def.

The fact alone that Mary Kay, Terry Pluto and company have hated this draft so far make me feel more comfortable with it.

How many times over the 20 years has Cleveland "killed the offseason" and "did everything right" just to consistently fail in the regular season.'

The Mayfield pick will grow on me but the Manziel comps are a joke. The Ward pick I love becaue Cleveland has a bunch of CB2 and CB3s. The line couldn't get pressure on QBs last year once teams figured out quick passes exposed the secondary. Ward is a lock down corner and hopefully now Peppers can go back to the hybrid safety he was at Michigan.

Williams, Hurst, and Hubbert are still out there and the thought of picking Josh Jackson is even growing on me a little as well.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

didn't most of you say that if CLE had a clear #1 QB that they should have the balls to pull the trigger and not wait for whomever to fall to them at #4?

I'm going to guess that they didn't have a trade partner at #4. BUF clearly didn't want to give up two 1sts, so they waited. BUF is a big winner with their patience.

On the radio this morning someone explained it perfectly

No matter who Cleveland picked at 1 there was going to be something and a group of people were going to absolutely hate the pick. It has nothing to do with any of the QBs, it has everything to do with getting it wrong for 20 years. I commend the FO for going after the guy they wanted at 1 and listening to Mayfield's conference call and the press conference yesterday the pick is growing on me. If Mayfield was 1 or 2 inches taller, and didn't try to run from the cops no one is talking today.

His QBASE ratings are off the charts

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2018/qbase-2018

In depth write up of QBASE in 2015

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2015/introducing-qbase

And a little more advanced analytics

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/baker-mayfield-advance-analytics-nfl-draft-oklahoma-pff

DarmKlpX4AIdVLR.jpg

DbduHTNV0AE7y-p.jpg

Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Edited by jamesplante11
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

The fact alone that Mary Kay, Terry Pluto and company have hated this draft so far make me feel more comfortable with it.

How many times over the 20 years has Cleveland "killed the offseason" and "did everything right" just to consistently fail in the regular season.'

The Mayfield pick will grow on me but the Manziel comps are a joke. The Ward pick I love becaue Cleveland has a bunch of CB2 and CB3s. The line couldn't get pressure on QBs last year once teams figured out quick passes exposed the secondary. Ward is a lock down corner and hopefully now Peppers can go back to the hybrid safety he was at Michigan.

Williams, Hurst, and Hubbert are still out there and the thought of picking Josh Jackson is even growing on me a little as well.

You don't think they could have gotten Ward today? 

1 minute ago, jamesplante11 said:

If they took Chubb, Ward would be in Denver

doubtful, he isn't even the best at his position. I would have taken Jackson or Reid in the 2nd and took Chubb. Wasted pick IMO. I knew Cleveland would screw this up

1 minute ago, tazinib1 said:

doubtful, he isn't even the best at his position. I would have taken Jackson or Reid in the 2nd and took Chubb. Wasted pick IMO. I knew Cleveland would screw this up

I can't understand Josh Jackson not being selected in round 1.  

Edited by Dcat
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

No he's still on the board and I would be very content with Cleveland picking him today

15 hours ago, Henry Muto said:

Being a Browns fan really sucks sometimes.

Curious are you in the fire Dorsey now camp? I heard people talking months ago that if he picked the wrong guys (most wanted Darnold, or Allen, but some wanted Rosen and a few Mayfield) he should be fired. With opinions all over I expected tons of negative fan reaction, no matter who the picks were. Some were saying he should have been fired when he announced they were listening to offers for #1 pick.

I trust the GM, they know more than me for sure, and more than most armchair experts and mock drafters. None of these QBs are a sure thing, each one has risks and flaws, and they took the one they trust will succeed. As for the #4 pick, while Chubb would have been great DE wasn't a huge need with Garrett as well as Ogbah coming on.  CB was a bigger need, and they got the guy they wanted, after trying to find somebody to trade down with and having no luck.

2 hours ago, Trojanmojo said:

I’ve heard from quite a few really strong sources that had Mayfield #1 by quite a distance so I’m not at all bothered by him at 1. I think Browns fans shouldn’t be so distressed by that pick. I am puzzled by Ward at 4 over Chubb though. That said, it’s not like Ward wouldn’t have gone a pick or two later. Not sure why they didn’t trade down that pick if they really wanted Ward.

Browns wanted to trade down and still get Ward but could not find a partner. Seems like some thought they should take Chubb even though they wanted the top CB.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Browns wanted to trade down and still get Ward but could not find a partner. Seems like some thought they should take Chubb even though they wanted the top CB.

On what planet is Ward rated the best CB? 

57 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Agreed. Crazy. Let's see what the Browns do in the 2nd. If they double down and take a CB/S, I'll be impressed.

Browns could get a RB today, several good choices left.  Would not be surprised to see their top 2 picks in 2nd be RB/DL.

3 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

On what planet is Ward rated the best CB?

The Browns draft board, run by an experienced GM with a good track record.  Where do you have him ranked and what are your credentials?

Also on Mayock's board, but I guess you'll say he's a retard and Ward is not even in the top 5 CBs.  #1 on Walterfootball too.

Ward is also 2nd on NFL Draft Scout, and probably 1/2/3 on most sites.

Why should your opinion carry any weight, over these experts and the GM of my team?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Not that they are necessarily correct, but it basically consensus across mainstream sports media.

Hmmmm....interesting because of his size. I would have taken Alexander or Jackson. but hey, last time I checked I waSN'T employed by an NFL team lol

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

Browns could get a RB today, several good choices left.  Would not be surprised to see their top 2 picks in 2nd be RB/DL.

The Browns draft board, run by an experienced GM with a good track record.  Where do you have him ranked and what are your credentials?

Also on Mayock's board, but I guess you'll say he's a retard and Ward is not even in the top 5 CBs.  #1 on Walterfootball too.

Ward is also 2nd on NFL Draft Scout, and probably 1/2/3 on most sites.

Why should your opinion carry any weight, over these experts and the GM of my team?

It's the internet. I can say whatever I want.