[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 2018 NFL Draft

Def.

9 minutes ago, Def. said:

Really am hoping for something exciting with the Dolphins next pick like QB, but I just don't think they have the staff to develop a project so maybe they shouldn't.  :unsure:

Mason Rudolph

ps Cutler retired today

edit. If Rudolph is there and Miami passes on him, New England will run to the podium faster than Denver did drafting Chubb

Edited by jamesplante11

13 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Ward has a 39" vertical and a 136" broad. That's like 95th percentile type measurables.

yeah ok sure he's gonna cocver A.Brown....you're comfortable with that 2 times a year. Ben loves people like you

7 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

yeah ok sure he's gonna cocver A.Brown....you're comfortable with that 2 times a year. Ben loves people like you

I'm not saying that he's going to come in and cover Brown 1 on 1. I'm saying that it's ridiculous to say that he can't cover him because he's short. I'm also saying that if you are trying to draft a corner to cover Brown, you should draft the fastest, quickest, most explosive guy you can, not the biggest, strongest, rangiest guy.

I'm also trying to understand the Ward hate. By all accounts and his on-field results, the dude looks legit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

I'm not saying that he's going to come in and cover Brown 1 on 1. I'm saying that it's ridiculous to say that he can't cover him because he's short. I'm also saying that if you are trying to draft a corner to cover Brown, you should draft the fastest, quickest, most explosive guy you can, not the biggest, strongest, rangiest guy.

I'm also trying to understand the Ward hate. By all accounts and his on-field results, the dude looks legit.

Well then why wouldn't you draft Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, BeeR said:

And sure enough.

Ballard you suck worse than Grigson.  Well it's a contest anyway.

Confirmed.  Definitely channeling his inner Grigson.  Way to take guys you could have gotten (at least) a round later. 

A bunch of small d!cks swinging around in this thread. Get a grip ladies.

NE keeps gaining draft capital each year...every year.

Great move by Philly.

SD having a strong draft but they won't be good enough until Rivers is 45.

Pace kicking the picks can down the road.

GB might eventually draft a stud CB.

Dallas should have owned this draft and are just getting pantsed.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, BeeR said:

And sure enough.

Ballard you suck worse than Grigson.  Well it's a contest anyway.

You and I disagree a lot, and I again disagree.  The picks arent sexy, but this OLine is gonna be nasty!  Ballard is building a team the right way.  Sure, we need help on D, but the #1 priority is keeping Luck upright.  Hes not just up there throwing darts like fata$$ Grigson used to do.  Im excited about the future.

4 hours ago, BeeR said:

What's up w/Guice?  Injury worries?  Poopforbrains worrie?

Rumor that he got into an altercation with the Eagles coaches at the Combine. The Eagles say it isn't true.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/27/jay-gruden-disputes-report-of-derrius-guice-altercation-with-eagles/

1 hour ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Rumor that he got into an altercation with the Eagles coaches at the Combine. The Eagles say it isn't true.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/27/jay-gruden-disputes-report-of-derrius-guice-altercation-with-eagles/

Of course the Eagles noticeably didn't draft him and he's now on a division rival...so maybe that says all they needed to say.  ;)

As a Giants fan, I am very pleased with how the first three rounds played out.  

I have no problem with Barkley at #2 if the Giants believe Webb is good enough to lead to team in 2 years.  I have to go by what they see in practice since he has not been on the field to evaluate.  But if he shows promise, then the Barkley pick is perfect.  If he sucks, we may regret this pick for a while.

Will Hernandez (G) is a great pick in round 2 and will be a huge addition on the OL.  He has first round talent.  Immediate starter.  

Lorenzo Carter (OLB) is someone I thought would go in the 2nd round, so to grab him in round 3 is huge value.  I was hoping for Geron Christian (OT) but feel Carter will be a good fit for the new defensive scheme (3-4)

B.J. Hill (DT).  Again, I was hoping for Geron Christian, but if he helps the pass rush and can plug the middle, then it is a solid pick.  

The Giants are obviously going for it over the next two seasons.  The OL has been solidified in FA and the draft.  Barkley - Engram - OBJ - Shepperd are really young and talented from the skill positions on offense.  The defense "should" be better this season.  Which means this will come down to Eli.  If he finds the fountain of youth, and can limit the INT, then the Giants should be firmly in the mix for a Wild Card (the Eagles will win the division unless they have health issues).  It will be tough regardless though - the NFC is stacked.  

Really like the Colts pick of Nyheim Hines.  Read a few articles where some analysts are calling him the most explosive RB in the draft.  He had the fastest 40 of all RBs at the combine.  One analyst just compared him to a hybrid between Brian Westbrook / Warrick Dunn.